Chapter 10 | Semi final

Utopia…. That's what you felt the following morning. Waking up on a bed with Taehyung was utopia. With his head buried in your neck, you found your fingers playing with his curly hair. It was quite early for you to wake up but you couldn't keep your eyes shut as you felt his lips ghosting over your collarbone 10 minutes ago.

The clock read 3:40 am. The sky was srtark dark but the small moonlight shone beautifully through the little gap between the curtains. His breath sang a lullaby in your ear. His right hand rested right beside your left boob. It was the most intimate you've ever been in this early morning.

You pulled the blanket up as suddenly a cool wave swiveled down your entire body. It wasn't the wind or the chill of the weather. It was something else.

Realization. It struck you like a lightning bolt. Realization of what you've done. The consequences of your actions because you damn well knew what would happen in 2 days yet, you let your heart flow and do the reckless.

Taehyung slept peacefully beside you. It's the first time you're actually watching him asleep because most of the days he would get up before you. You looked so beautiful it actually broke your heart into a million pieces. You were jealous of whoever gets to end up with this boy because he's a blessing wrapped in a human face. A blessing that's not in your future apparently.

He moved a little. His hair fell over his eyes and hid half of his face. His hair has gotten really big but he refused to cut them the other day when your grandmother insisted, saying he likes to have you play with his hair.

He was a damn good actor because not once did your grandmother doubted him not being your real lover. He was playing his part with so much conviction that sometimes even you forget that it was all an act at the end of the day.

But the acting would end in 2 days. Your grandmother will be gone tomorrow which means you only had today and half of tomorrow with him. You recalled the last few days you two spent together because sleep was far away from returning to your eyes. He's grown a lot on you and your grandmother. She loved him too much that now you're horrified how you'll tell her it didn't work out between you and him after your deal ends.

But unfortunately, your grandmother wasn't the only one who'd need convincing. You'd need it too. Your heart would need to swallow the bitter truth that his role is coming to an end soon. That was the bigger task at hand right now because after what you two did last night, you found yourself deeper into the trap of your own feelings.

The right and mature thing would be to deal with it like two adults and not let it disrupt the calm you've established among yourselves but that's the case. You didn't want it to be dealt with like adults. You wanted to act reckless and like a teenager who's gotten their first kiss in highschool. You wanted to cling onto him for the rest of your life. You wanted the rest of the nights to be just like the previous one was. With him. In your bed. In your arms.

You didn't know when the thoughts tired your brain and you fell back into a deep slumber. Taehyung's intoxicating and masculine scent calms your nerves down and pulls you back to a sweet sleep.

When you opened your eyes once again, it was around 7 am. Taehyung was out of bed and his side of the bed was clean and tidy. What caught your attention was a neatly folded tshirt placed on top of his pillow. Was it supposed to be for you?

A giddy feeling took home in my stomach when you slipped the soft cotton over your head. It had his smell. You smiled and took a deep sniff off the cloth before going out of the room.

You can tell he was in the kitchen because of the sound of coffee grinding and knife chopping reverberating through the living room. Another voice was booming along with the sharp taps on the chopping board. Your grandmother. Singing!!