Finale

Morning came earlier than you wished it would arrive. You were still in bed. Taehyung beside you. You didn't sleep much last night and you damn well knew he didn't either. Both didn't speak much but the silence was enough of an answer for everything.

The clock was ticking. Time passes by in flashes and seeps through your fingers like fine sand. The sun was on the brink of rising while a thunderous turmoil of emotions was forming inside the both of you.

You were the first one to get out of the bed. The longer you stay there, the harder it would get and you weren't strong enough to face it.. yet.

"Good morning" you were greeted by your grandmother in the kitchen. The early bird rose before everyone and was currently brewing coffee. It smelled divine because she decided to make breakfast as well. It's been ages since you had anything made by her.

"Good morning. You don't have to cook grandma" you told her. Of course she didn't have to. You could very well make whatever she wanted to eat.

"I want to treat my baby and my son-in-law" she said suggestively and it pierced your heart. She was hoping too much, dreaming too much for a lie.

"He's not your son-in-law. You don't know what might happen in the future. Don't hold your horses" you chuckled halfheartedly.

The sudden change in her expression didn't go unnoticed by you. She shouldn't be having so many expectations and the sooner she realizes it, the better it would be for her. She didn't let your words affect you and continued cooking. Taehyung came out a little later. It was Sunday so you were hurrying for office.

The atmosphere of the room was quite tense. Partially because your grandmother was leaving and partially because of the tension between Taehyung and you. He helped your grandma but didn't speak much to you.

The breakfast consisted of occasional questions from your grandmother and you two answering them. She asked about work, your life outside work and if any staff is giving you a hard time.

She also shared some beautiful stories about her youthful days with your grandfather and how deeply in love both of them were despite being in an arranged marriage.

"Love takes time. It doesn't happen in a week but when it does, it consumes you for life" she told you. The words passed with your heartbeat because you fell in love with Taehyung over a week only. You'd have to disagree with her because it knocked on your doorsteps sooner than you anticipated and you were sure it was there to stay and consume you.

The morning was slow but it felt like it's running away from you because when it was afternoon and the time for your grandma to leave arrived, you couldn't help but tear up a little.

There were many times she visited you and went back home. Countless times she stayed for a week. And many more where she overstayed for a month or two but this time felt so different it punched you in the gut.

She lived for a week but you lived with her as well. She brought you to Taehyung and you, for the first time, enjoyed living.

She has packed everything. She's leaving but also taking a promise from the two of you to visit her. She took a promise to try and run a long marathon together because she believed she saw real love in both of your eyes.

Taehyung promised her. It was a lie. You knew it because he would leave right after she would. His promise meant nothing in the evening when he'd pack his bags and leave for good. But he still promised and you knew he was borrowing a 1000 sins with his own word. "I promise, I'll be there" it would never happen.

You both drove her back to the airport. The commercial flight back home was only 45 minutes but you were worried sick about her comfort. Taehyung was driving slowly. Maybe to enjoy a few more moments with her because he has grown onto her in the past week.