Five

' Two more footsteps on the wood floor, but it ain't you
I go out just so I can reforget '-

────────────────────────────────

The walk to the restaurant was deathly quiet. No one spoke words, but instead they were listening intensely to the night breeze and the roads driving down the road occasionally.

There was confusion in Jooha's mind. Wondering why was he suddenly so nice and genuine — but earlier the same day in school he was a complete jerk.

It does not make sense to switch up that quick.

She murmurs to speak behind him, as she was following his trail just a few steps behind him, watching his slender back wearing the oversized hoodie that looked comfortable and warm.

"Why are you being so nice?" Jooha asked.

The footprints stop. Renjun stands still now that he hears her words and Jooha stops too waiting in the rising tense air crowding her body.

Renjun looks down in front. "This is not being nice."

She frowns. "What is it then? Pity?"

He turns back to face her. "Yes. Yes it is pity."

One crack in her hopeless heart where she stupidly thought he was being a gentleman, that Renjun might be a good person and they could ever be friends again. But no. It was just a pity help, thinking this helpless dumb girl would never be able to handle herself. Jooha's eyes fell with disappointment but running through them were— anger?

At first Jooha does not say anything but takes a step forward to the taller boy snatching the grocery bags in her hands.

Renjun flinches as he watches her take the bags. "I can do i—" He says.

"No." Jooha cuts him off coldly.
"I don't need your fucking pity Renjun. Give it to someone who actually fucking needs it. I did not ask for your help."

His eyes widen as Jooha brushed past his shoulders roughly walking ahead down the dark lane where the front of the restaurant.

He stands shocked. Never once did Jooha yell at him before past and present. Renjun couldn't help but scowl as he turns around with his eyebrows frowning.

Jooha would stop in front of the house and opening the door she was welcomed in to the lively home and restaurant mix building — the Park family have built an extension which is the mini-restaurant to their family three bedroom sized home. She sighs.

"I'm home." Jooha says taking off the shoes and the bags would be placed on the floor. She tiredly takes the jacket off.

Jisung rushes out the living room with the remote in his hand. "Jooha what took you long?"

"Don't worry about it. Nothing important." Jooha sluggishly walks inside the lounge flopping herself on the couch. Jisung goes to sit on the floor.

"Hey,"
Jisung calls out tapping his sisters shoulders. She turns around facing the tv screen, it would be the news about a forest fire started in Busan. "There has been a lot of forest fires lately." Jisung would say.

"That's...strange." Jooha would sit up staring at the tv screen.

"Jisung I told you not to watch the news! It's terrible to listen to." His mother walks inside shaking her head, taking the apron off.

He whines. "It's good to know."

"And then you can't sleep at night..." Jooha teasingly says turning around on the couch closing her eyes.

Jisung glared at Jooha. "Shut up you can't sleep after watching train to Busan."

"Shut up I did not!" Jooha says back.

"You did! I remember you waking me up from my bedroom!"

"I'm going to murder you— shut up." Jooha snaps.

"Do it I dare you midget." Jisung cockily smirks standing up doing a karate pose with his hands. "I know kung fu. I would destroy you like Tai lung."

Jooha silently stared in judgement before throwing the couch pillows at him, laughing. "Then I will destroy you like Oogway! Come on lil bro."

Jisung caught the Pillow that hit his face as he throws his glaring daggers at her. "Oh you asked for it..."

"YAAAAAA—" He screams forward throwing a karate chop to her shoulder and then throwing his heavy and giant body into her squishing her on top on the couch, headlocking Jooha's head in his arms. Jooha screams and squirms underneath him completely squished to the couch.

"AHHGH GET OFF ME PSYCHO."

"NAH SURRENDER."

"NO—"

"STOP SHOUTING BEFORE I COME OVER AND GRAB YOU BOTH."

they would fall silent as they heard their dad scream
back and Jisung and Jooha side eye each other.

Jooha whispers. "Let go! Now!"

Jisung shakes his head. "No!"

"I can still hear you guys!! don't make me come over there!!" Yelled Mr park again.