Nine

' My heart is thinking of
I wanna sing a song that'd be just ours '-

────────────────────────────────

The last week of school is here. Everyone is congratulating or leaving with goodbyes as they were going on holidays. It was a hidden sadness.

But for some reason Jooha and Renjun were stuck together no matter what. No goodbyes.

"What are you doing over the summer holidays?" Renjun asked opening his locker. Jooha stands behind him with a long trail of thought.

"Helping out at the restaurant. We get more customers in summer."

"What about you, Will you not be going to China to visit family?"

Renjun stops slamming the locker shut with an eerie and shallow look in his eyes as if he were hiding something. He looks at Jooha with a smile. "No I'm staying in Korea."

Jooha nods softly wondering why.

"Jooha."

Mark called out approaching the girl and boy with a friendly charming smile. Jooha turning around her eyes widen in surprise. It was the council leader. Mark Lee was a known popular figure in school. Teachers adore him, he is the best student in all top subjects, he's the student council leader; he has a middle class background. And, he is handsome as hell. Girls go crazy over him and he's got a fan base.

It's a surprise to see him talking to Jooha; a girl that isn't nowhere near popular. She is an outsider if anything. A girl who doesn't stick to labels and is quiet and known to be the daughter of a small cheap restaurant owners.

"Oh Mark, hey, do you need anything?" She asked in surprise.

He shook his head. "Not particularly I'm just passing by to say have a good holiday and may i get your number? I realised I have everyone's but yours." He chuckled passing his phone to Jooha who couldn't help but shyly grin.

"Smooth. Fine I'll give it to you because you are the council leader." Jooha would say with an eye roll writing down her number into the phone and then handing it to Mark.

Meanwhile Renjun was in a complete state of glaring down Mark as if he were just purely annoyed.

"Thanks. I'll text you." Mark says about to leave but Renjun spoke catching the boy off guard.

"You don't have my number." Renjun glares as he opens his phone up. "If you want everyone's numbers, you'll need mine. Right?"

Renjun scoffs at the silence. "Unless you wanted Jooha's number because you were hitting on her."

"No of course not. You can have my number." Mark mutters under his breathe as he closed the gap between Renjun.

He stands still watching the Chinese boy in a slight glare before coming back grabbing Renjun's phone and writing down his number into it.

When giving the phone back to Renjun, Renjun was quick to grab tightly Mark's hand and letting it go with a squeeze.

He smiles fakely. "Thanks Council leader."

Mark did not answer but smiled at Jooha before he left them. Jooha raised an eyebrow at the tension that had left between the two boys.

"What the heck was that about?" Jooha questions suspiciously.

Renjun walks ahead not answering Jooha instead he kept walking and Jooha catching up to him jogging.

"Hey answer me!"

Somewhere deep down Renjun didn't have a reason
Except that he didn't want to share Jooha...