Six

' Didn't wanna be a ghost
But you pushed me over and over '-

────────────────────────────────

A finger caresses the phone screen as the wired headphones attaching on to the phone, blasting a song.

I go out just so I can reforget
I go out, go out...

Jooha sang along in her mind. Lauv was her favourite international artist. The young girl walks along the school corridors with one strapped bag over the shoulder.

She wore a denim loose jacket perfect for the summer weather and the school uniform. White shirt loose button on top with undone tie, the shirt untucked over the skirt, knee high socks.

Distracted Jooha bumps into someone knocking over a bunch of books.

"I'm so sorry!" Jooha shouts kneeling down picking up the books. The boy lets out a soft hearty chuckle. "It's okay."

The boy sits up picking up the books, reaching to the last book, Jooha's hand brushes against the boy's hand. She looks up at the boy who looked at her in the moment too.

"I...I'm sorry." Jooha nervously says.

He shakes his head taking the book from Jooha's hands. "It's fine like i said. My name is Mark." Mark smiled.

His smile was beautiful and kind, anyone would fall for it. The boy wore an ironed white shirt with a tie properly done with a black blazer, black trousers and shoes. Hair neatly styled professionally and wearing round glasses.

Jooha admires Mark up and down before smiling. "Park Jooha. It's nice to meet you— wait aren't you from the council?" She says quickly cutting off.

Mark grinned playfully showing off the blazer with a round circle pin that all members of the student council wear.

"I am the leader council, actually."

Jooha blinks a little surprised. This smart looking nerd was the leader-? And Jooha ran into him!

"Oh." Jooha let's out. "That makes me extremely rude for bumping into you still. Maybe even worse. Might die tonight if your fan girls find out." Jooha jokingly added.

Mark raises his eyebrows at her. "Make sure they don't find out then." He teases forward winking walking past her leaving Jooha slightly speechless.

Did the council leader just wink at her? Jooha's mouth agape with a daze expression on the face.

"Move out of my way Park."
Rosé pushed her on the side as she made her way with the gang she runs; Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa. They are called Blackpink and are what you'd call the mean girl's of the school.

Popular. Rich. Smart. Important business father's.

They four had it all.

Jooha glares at the group of girls. Jennie turns to Jooha with a smug. "What? Did we anger you?"

"No. Your face ruined my morning that's all. I was having a pleasant day until you showed up, Jennie." Jooha smiles kindly.

"You bitch." Jennie angrily reaches forward to grab Jooha's collar, but a hand stops her.

Jennie looks to the hand...

Belonging to....

"Don't touch her."

Renjun's cold stillness eyes laying onto Jennie terrified her with how calm and collected he were, the impact on the hand grabbing her wrist pushes it down away from Jooha. Those same warm brown eyes that were so harsh and cruel grab Jooha holding her wrist.

Dragging the girl without any words shared. Jooha had no time to speak out till they were running along the corridors.

The bell rang class starting.

But Jooha didn't bother listening. Renjun was infatuating, controlling her, intriguing every senses in her body and dimming it from any conscious thoughts.

He was everything she knew.

The rooftop door slams shut as Jooha felt Renjun let go off her wrist walking forward. Breathe of air sharing the cold oxygen— the breeze hitting them with a long engulfing embrace. Jooha never wanted more answers in her life until now.

The rooftop surrenders to them.

"Renjun why did you help me?" Jooha asks the boy, the boy who she knew all her life but feels so distant as if she never knew him ever.

Renjun looking down on the ground with a slight annoyance in his voice. "I have no idea, okay? I try to stay away from you Jooha. I try to reforget you. But why the fuck are you everywhere I go?" He brought himself closer to her now closing the gap that made Jooha flinch back with widen eyes at his words that fill with nothing but frustration.

She softly murmurs. "What?"

He glares down at her. "You're the bane of my fucking existence. I want to hate you. I dislike how your voice always makes me listen to you. I hate others pick on you like Jennie just did. And I really hate—"

Jooha hears him pause as he went on rambling. All she was doing were listening to this explosive confession.

He looks into her eyes hopelessly with softer gaze, a less angry one, but more of a sad kind.

"I really hate that I fucking like you. Even after what you did to me." Renjun sore-fully whispers as if it were breaking him so badly to begin.

She looks at him with emphasised eyes that feel nothing but his brokenness but confusion piles in her heart — what did i do?

"What... what do you mean what i did to you?"

Renjun looking at her with a blank expression.     "You don't know?"

"No! What are you on about."

"You ignored my messages."

Renjun stated in front of her as a fresh cold breeze pulls apart his soft silky brown hair. Jooha stands in the silence.

"No. You ignored my messages." Jooha told back. "I wrote to you everyday. I fucking— begged to have a message from you every day. Every night my phone would be in my hand as I slept hoping I would see a word from your number."

The boy couldn't believe her words until his eyes widen slightly with the remembering of the past. That he did the exact same as Jooha.

"You...did?"