Inviting him in

You and Johnny had just exited the school and started the short walk to your house. You were quite nervous to be bringing Johnny to your house. It was decently clean since no one had been in the house for a week or so.

Plus you had completely deep cleaned everything a few days before the accident. You sighed and looked up at the sky. It was a nice bright day, an amazing day to be outside. You smiled and looked to your side where Johnny was walking.

You had made sure that you were closer to the road just in case some socs pulled up. If Johnny was towards the outside it was more of a chance for him to get hurt. And you couldn't stand the idea of sweet Johnny Cade getting hurt.

You smiled at him for a second, just admiring him. He slightly glanced at you and smiled nervously. "Is there something on me?" You laughed and shook your head. He shoved his hands in his pockets before looking fully over at you.

"Then why are you looking at me like that?" You walked ahead of him and turned around so you were walking backwards while looking at him. "Can't I look at you Johnnycakes?" He rubbed his neck, looking away.

"I guess you can, just don't know why you would want to." You gave an apologetic smile before turning back around and slowing your pace so that you two were side by side again. "Johnny, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this but you're quite nice to look at."

Johnny looked down at the ground and blushed slightly. "I think there's actually a phrase for that. Hm.." You thought for a second. You finally remembered and looked over at him smiling. "Now I remember! Eye candy!"

His blush only grew and he looked away. You two finally arrived at your house and you led Johnny up the steps and onto your porch. "Just give me a second or two to find my house key. Should be somewhere in my bag."

Johnny examined the outside of your porch. "Take your time." You smiled and started rummaging through your bag. After a few seconds you found it and pulled it out. You zipped up your bag and picked it up off the floor.

You quickly opened your door and stepped to the side allowing Johnny to go in first, you following closely after him. You shut the door and took off your shoes, putting them on a small rack beside your door.

When you finally stood up straight and looked at Johnny, he was looking at the space around the two of you. You laughed, causing him to look at you. He smiled nervously. "Quite a nice house you've got."

You smiled and turned away the subject. You'd seen his house once while going to the Curtis house. You knew it was probably not a good topic to go on. You dropped your bag to the side and led him to the living room that was connected openly to your kitchen.

"You don't mind if I go quickly change do you?" Johnny shook his head while looking around. You smiled slightly. "Well then, you can sit anywhere if you'd like. Turn on the tv if you want, the remote is right here. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen too."

You quickly headed up the stairs and went into your room, shutting the door gently and heading over to your closet. You changed out of your school outfit into a white tank top and some black shorts.

You smiled at yourself in the mirror doing a small spin before heading out of your room, going back down your stairs. Before you reached the bottom of your stairs you heard a crash. Your eyes widened with worry as you quickened your pace down the stairs.

When you made it to the bottom of the stairs and turned towards the kitchen. You put your hand on your chest and sighed with relief once you realized it was a glass that shattered and nothing else.

You made your way over to Johnny who was frantically trying to pick up all the glass pieces. You leaned down and grabbed his wrists, stopping him from picking up anymore. You gently pushed the glass pieces out of his hands and examined his hands.