Clarity

-Next Day-
-8am-
•Meeting Room•

We all had to basically wake up at the crack of dawn to be at the meeting. Still don't understand why it's so early in the morning, but we're all here. The last person to enter the room was Shepard. My gaze darkened significantly at the very sight of him. I played friendly with Graves. But they won't know what's coming their way tonight. But finally, the meeting had started.

As the meeting progressed. I quickly caught on that the meeting was about new shipments coming in, new recruits, new jobs, and even remodeling that will be done to the base. All things I could give a shit tone less about.

-six hours later-
•Living Quarters•

"That was the most boring meeting I've ever fucking attended in my life!"

Soap shouted lightly as he plopped down onto the couch.

"Make that two of us!"

Köing chimed in with a laugh. Everyone did. I on the other hand, stayed quite. My mind being occupied with other things. Gaz spoke and his words caught my attention;

"But this makes me wonder why Graves and Shepard are going to Austin."

"Fair point, Gaz. But we won't know until they tell us. But I doubt they will."

Price spoke in response to Gaz. Our base is stationed in Texas. Just fourty miles from the captil city, which is Austin. But, they're leaving in the next five minutes. I managed to grab a silent tracking device from the weapons room before the meeting this morning. I simply told the boys I was going to go get a drink and that I'd be back in a couple minutes. That gives me enough time to plant the tracker into the car Graves and Shepard will be traveling in.

As I approach the main part of the base, I see four cars lined up. Graves and Shepard will be in the second to front car. But as I approach, some of Graves men are packing things into the trunk. I quickly make up a lie as I approach them. One of them turns to me;

"Sorry to disturb you, but I think the fourth car is leaking oil. I can't really tell. You guys should check it out before you leave."

The soilder agreed and immediately went to go look. The other three guys went with him. Thankfully, one of the back passenger doors were opened. I quickly grabbed the tracker out of pocket and planted it under the backseat chair and made sure it wouldn't fall out. Once I did, I walked away. The soilder said there wasn't a leak and I simply agreed and told him I must've been seeing things. I then make my way back to living quarters.

"Idiots. Never have what I want."

I growled to myself but loud enough from them to hear. They chuckled and Simon handed me a cold Pepsi. I nodded my head as a thank you and sat down. I listened in on the conversation Köing and Roach were having cause everyone was listening apparently;

"Yes, that's true. But you can't just hold a knife this way. It's fucking stupid!"

"It is not. It kills the enemy efficiently!"

So they're arguing about how to hold a knife when killing someone. Idiots. I shook my head at the stupid argument.

"Does not. Roach, you can't be this stupid on the field. It could get you killed!"