It Begins

-3 hours later-
-New Safe House-

I had fallen asleep during the drive. I woke up due to the car stopping. I looked carefully out of the window, trying to already memorize the surrounding area of the house. I then looked at the driver;

"Just to confirm, this is the safe house?"

"Yes ma'am. This is where Commander Bush arranged for you to stay. I will assist you with your bags and then tell you some information. Like where the nearest grocery store is."

He exited the car and I let out a long and heavy sigh of relief. I then carefully exit the car and shut the door behind me, hugging myself firmly. I then look over to the driver and take two bags, helping him out little. He gives me a thankful smile and he heads into the house first, probably to make sure it's safe. But jesus, Bush didn't need to do this for me. This is house is damn near the size of my childhood home. Which was half the size of a mansion. Not exatratting either.

But it's a beautiful house. It blends in well with the surrounding neighborhood. That part I'm really grateful for. The driver then helped me get my bags into my room before giving me a quick tour of the house. Once that was finished, it bothered me that I didn't know his name. I can't thank someone without knowing their name.

"What's your name, if I may ask?"

"Oh, my apologies! I'm private Smith. But my first name is Dan."

"Well, thank you Dan. For helping me out. But, where is that Grocery store you mentioned earlier?"

"Ah yes. Would you like to drive there, or have me just give you directions?"

"Directions would be just fine, thank you. Only thing I ask, is can you write them on a piece of paper? Just incase I forget."

"Of course, Captin. One moment."

He sped walked out of the room and went into the office area. I decided to sit down on the couch to rest a bit. Later on I'll have to go get groceries for the house. But I'm only buying a small amounts at a time, incase something goes wrong. After a couple minutes, Dan comes back with a sheet of paper.

"I put down the nearest thrift store and nearest gas station. You do have a car in the garage. Don't worry about the license plate. The car was bought from a dealer ship. It'll blend in with the neighborhood, and as for the surrounding area, you only have the front yard and a little back patio area that is closed off by fencing."

I let out another sigh of relief as Dan finished. I will be just fine.

"Thank you, Dan. I appreciate it."

"No problem, Captin. And if you ever feel unsafe or if something happens, come straight back to base. Don't call anyone."

"Got it. Thanks again."

"Your welcome. I'm off now. Bye Captin!"

"Bye Dan!"

I listen to Dan leave. Once the car sped away, I turn the tv on. It immediately becoming too quite for my liking. Thankfully, there is one in my room too.