Getting Closer

•Living Quarters•

My heart pounds as I take deep breaths. No one has seen my face but Simon. This is going to be the only time I have to get some closer on what I need. I need to let my emotions go. I need stop clinging onto the past. It isn't healthy.
I need to move forward. I take a deep breath as I fiddle with my fingers.

"To my knowledge.. none of you have seen my face at all.. right?"

They all silently nod yes as Simon is quick to come to my side. Looking at me with confused eyes. I give him reassuring eyes as I slowly undo my mask. Before I fully take it off, I open the box in front of me.

"Inside the box is.. old photos of me and Riley. Fair warning, we spent a lot of time on the beach.. other times we went hiking or even a simple walk in the city together."

Everyone, including Simon, grabbed a photo. I'm not wearing a mask in any of the photos that I took. I didn't need to wear one at that time. But I carefully watch the boys reaction. Simon just continues looking at the photos while everyone else is confused.

"Cap.. is this really you?.."

I let out a breathy laugh as I slowly nod my head yes and slowly take my mask completely off. I look down for second before look up at them. All their eyes go wide slightly. I can't if it's in awe or shock. Soap speaks,

"Holy shit cap.. y-you look.."

I could tell Soap wanted to compliment me but was hesitant cause of Simon.

"Go ahead, Johnny. I'll allow it this once."

He takes a deep breath as I smiled.

"I just wanted to say you look great, cap. You truly do. Your.. scar healed excellent."

All the boys chimed in, agreeing with Soap. Just then, I saw Price make a motion towards Simon before he spoke.

"Ghost?.. Would you like to take your mask off?.. Show us how cute you two are together?"

I look at Price with almost a 'what the fuck' face. But Simon motions me to relax as he stands up and takes his mask off in one go.

His beautiful blonde hair is a complete mess when he takes his mask off. I look at him in awe. It's been a long time since I last saw him without his mask totally off. It was nice. Gaz was quick to speak,

"Oh shit.. they almost have matching scars across their bottom lips and chin."

We both chuckled as I stood up and stood next to him and side hugged him. As he wrapped his arm around me, what Soap said next, made my heart melt.

"You found her, didn't you L.T?"

I blushed slightly as Simon spoke,

"I did. Found the missing half I lost years ago. Never thought I'd find it."

"Never thought I'd see you.. in love."

Price chimed in at the end. Everyone agreed on that. I smiled, loving this moment I'm sharing with the boys. Even Alejandro admitted to being surprised that Simon was even capable of love. Simon was understanding. His background didn't necessarily give someone the idea that he was indeed capable of love. I'm glad he not only proved them wrong, but he proved himself wrong. Simon's next action caught me off guard. He slowly took his mask off and took a deep breath after doing so. I was hesitant on what to do next, but he smiled at me.