Lost

Kai's POV:

Skylar walked beside me as we headed to her house. It was dark so I had decided to take her home just in case of something happening. Plus, spending more time with her would be great. She was one of the most perfect things to me. There were only three people that could top her. When we get to her house we stops to turn to me, a happy grin forming on her lips.

"Thank you Mr. Fire Elemental." She says laughing. I smile and she walks up closer to me, putting her hands onto my chest. "We should hang out again." She thinks for a bit. "Maybe a date?" My cheeks go red and I couldn't find the words to speak. She giggles and steps back. "I'll take that as a yes. Text me when." Then she went inside, leaving me a confused and flustered mess. When I finally came to my senses a rush of joy filled my body. I jump and and start rushing home. After all this time of trying to get with Skylar she's finally noticed me as someone she can be with. This was everything I wanted. Why did it feel differently then? Maybe it's just my confusion. She said it out of no where. Yeah, that's it. I head up to the monastery and open the door to see Lloyd hanging out I'm the kitchen.

"Uh- Lloyd?" He must have not expected anyone to be up since he jumped up at the sound of my voice. Can't blame him for thinking that though. It was twelve in the morning. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I uh- just had a bad dream." He laughs nervously and turns to a cup he had resting on the table. It looked to be milk, but warm. Even though he looked grown up he really was just a little kid.

"Welp, let's head to bed then. If you want you can spend the night in my room." I say heading up the stairs, Lloyd following behind quickly.

"I think I'm good. I'm the green Ninja after all. It's stupid for me to stay up all night cause of a stupid dream...." He mumbles the last part. Lloyd had all this childhood taken from him. I really felt bad about it. Even though I know I can't control anything I feel like this is my fault. I'm part of the group that took his childhood away. This is partly my fault. Half way up the stairs I turn to him, making him almost fall backwards.

"Green Ninja or not, your I child. Come on, we can talk a bit in my room." I watch as he smiles a bit and we head right up to my room. Lloyd was part of my family now. Me and Nya were his siblings. There was no changing that. As soon as we walked in I went to go change in my bathroom ans came back to Lloyd already passed out on my bed. He just needed a place where he feels safe. A relieved sigh leaves my lungs and I go over to him. Guess in sleeping on the floor tonight. I place the blanket over him and get a few pillows and blankets for myself on the floor. This isn't the first time I've dome this for someone. Nya used to come to my room all the time when we were little. It was almost every night actually. That's one of the rules of being an older sibling, especially when your parents leave you. Your the one in charge of keeping the younger ones safe. I never had someone to run to when I had a nightmare. Nya and Lloyd need people, and I'm one of those people. I'm the safety they have. Slowly, I rear my head on the pillow I brought down with me. After sleeping on he floor a few times you get used to it. Minutes later, I'm passed out just like Lloyd.

The next morning both me and Lloyd woke up the alarms. I rush over to my bathroom, throwing on my cloths while Lloyd heads to his own room, and then run down stairs. When we get there Nya was going through loads of paper, Wu, Misako, Pixel and Zane standing behind her.

"What happened?" Cole rushes beside me and he head over to see Nya. Jay ran in shortly after.

"WHAT IS IT!?" He looked barely awake.

"We have a missing person." Nya looks up to me quickly. "When did you last see Skykar?" Oh please no. Not let it be her.

"Last night. I dropped her off at her home. Why?" I step forward, hoping to see the papers better.

"She's gone. She didn't come to work this morning even though she's a workaholic and she wasn't at home. We called almost everywhere. No one has seen her and no one can reach her." Nya was stressed. It had been so long since we've dealt with a missing person, and this person was our friend. How had she gone missing?

"Well let's find her." Lloyd was already headed for the door but Cole stopped him.

"We need a plan." Cole was right. We did need a plan.

"Wu, how should we go about this?" I look to him eagerly as he thinks.

"Nya will stay with me, Misako, Pixel and Zane. Lloyd, Jay, Cole and Kai will investigate at her house. No one go anywhere else without contacting me. With a quick nod we were all our of the door, rushing quickly to our vehicles. Please God, let Skylar be ok.