Ch 24: The Kiss of Memories

She stared at Dracula, not sure of what to say; was there anything wrong?

'No, there's nothing wrong Dracula.' Anna muttered, not thinking about all her thoughts that had been bothering her. Dracula flinched, and although he tried to hide it, Anna saw him flinch slightly. She didn't know what to say or do about it either.

Since she was standing near him, she didn't have to walk across the room to reach him; she touched his shoulder to comfort him and whispered a sorry. Dracula turned his head and looked up to meet her eyes.

'There's no need to say sorry, you didn't do anything wrong.'

'Then why did you flinch, like a thought that makes you shudder?' Dracula continued to watch her, his eyes staring into hers. Strangely Anna didn't feel the slightest bit of disquieted, in fact, she felt a warmth instead, which she couldn't explain, it was like she liked him looking at her, in her eyes, and her eyes into his.

'I'm not used to you calling me that, that's all.' Dracula didn't seem the slightest bit put out by this, which only made Anna wonder if he'd always been like this. Dracula raised his hand, and it came to rest against her cheek, his eyes were heavy as if he was tired, but he looked like he'd had a decent amount of sleep.

Anna lowered her head to rest against his shoulder; her head leaned against his head, her arms coming to wrap loosely around his neck. Dracula closed his eyes, loving the closeness. His thumb moved back and forth against her cheek, in a soothing motion. Anna sighed softly, Dracula felt her breath on his cheek, and couldn't help a smile.

Sadly, the beautiful moment was ruined by a knock at the door. Anna felt her heart sink, she'd felt contented being this close to Dracula, who at that moment sighed disheartened; it seemed that Anna wasn't the only one who had been comfortable with the arrangement.

Sliding her arms off of Dracula, she took a step with her foot as if to leave, but just as Dracula drew a breath and was about to say, "enter" - her hand on the back of the chair for balance - she swung around and brought her mouth to his. Since Dracula hadn't expected it, he didn't react straight away, however, he was soon kissing her back with as much passion as she was kissing him.

Anna pulled herself down onto his lap, just as Dracula brought his arm around her to bring her closer, their kiss getting more passionate, the kind of passion where you almost wanted to rid them of their clothes.

Once again a knock came upon the door, Dracula hated it when people were impatient; it always interrupted intimate times like these. The knock also brought Anna back to her senses, and she pulled away from Dracula, breaking the kiss, their faces still close, however once Dracula saw her face, he looked away. Seeing that look in her eyes had hurt, he had been hoping that she had come back to him.

Having seen Dracula's reaction, she gave him a soft kiss on his cheek, before getting up out of the chair, she was going to let them in while she left; Dracula knew that. Dracula watched her approach the door, his mood lifted slightly from her kiss on his cheek, which felt warm.

Anna opened the door, and to her horror, it was the woman from before, the one that had been asking her a lot of questions, and talking a lot. Anna had never been one for gossiping; maybe that was why Dracula had always liked her so much?

'Oh, hello deary,' she said, in one of those voices, where you just want to strangle the person for such high and annoying tones. Dracula almost immediately picked up on Anna's discomfort.

'I will see you later Anna.' Anna nodded, thankful for the escape, but still felt unnerved as she left, the woman's stare making her feel rather uncomfortable. What was she doing here anyway?

On her way back to Dracula's chambers, she kept having some kind of dizzy spells, she shook her head to try and clear it, but it didn't have any effect. Just as she reached Dracula's chambers, she fell against the door as her mind split, and the world around her fell away.

She couldn't see anything, but she could feel so much. She knew that she was not alone, that there was someone with her; she could feel their body pressed against her. Their hands roamed her body, and as she felt a sudden hot searing kiss into the crook of her neck, she opened her eyes in shock and pleasure; she couldn't hold back her moan.

She turned her head to see who was responsible for such a pleasurable kiss and found him lying somewhat underneath her. She ran her hand through his long dark hair, which was free and unrestricted. She leaned over and kissed him, the taste of his mouth something she would never be able to get enough of or want to forget the taste of.

His hand came to caress her soft breast; his mouth trailed down her skin to devour her other breast, his free arm pulled her closer, as Anna moaned louder. Anna clutched him closer, her other hand running into his hair again.

Anna gasped. Looking around, she found herself on the floor, just outside the door to Dracula's chambers. How long had she been out? It couldn't have been very long, otherwise, someone would've noticed. Anna knew that she'd just had a flashback, but that wasn't what unnerved her. She realised that this memory flash had occurred because of that kiss earlier, but she hadn't expected to find herself half-naked in Dracula's bed, with none other than Dracula himself!

Using the door to get up, she pushed her way into the room; thankfully there was no one there. Thinking it best to go straight to bed, and go to sleep, she walked in through another door and didn't bother closing it behind her.