chapter 1

That day Xavier gets off early form his shifts .he walks in and finds his mom sitting at the table drinking .

"Mo-" she cut him by raising her finger and takes another sip .

He steps closer to her and takes the bottle from her hands "you gotta stop stealing alcohol can't you see it's making you worse " he starts of with a soft voice which turns into yelling .

she just sits there without saying nothing, her hair looked she liked she hadn't taken a shower for a while and had black circles around her eyes .

he looked at her and sigh kneeling infront of her, holding her hands "mom please stop doing this to yourself this isn't what dad would want " .

She stared at him "how would you know what he wants" she stood up abruptly and raised her voice "You let them take him away from me , you should've fought for him ,I hate you, they should've floated you instead since you've no use " she started throwing things around the house "they took my husband away from me" hitting herself against the cupboards screaming how much she hated him .

those word hurt him, he felt guilty and responsible for his dad's death and mother's condition.

He walked close to her and held her in his arm so she couldn't harm herself but that didn't stop her from fighting him but he didn't think for moment to let her go .

She calmed down while sobbing in his arm , his guard uniform was wet from her tears .

"I love you, no matter how much you hate me ,I'll be here " he said softly when his mother fell asleep . He got up and cleaned the house from the mess that was caused

"Cameron respond " he heard the walkie talkie "report for duty " shumway said "yes sir" he said .he was thinking the whole time what would shumway want since his shift was over .

He was out of his thoughts when he arrived at the door , he walked in "reporting for duty sir" shumway looked at him as he walked closer "I've noticed that the alcohol keeps getting lost " shumway said .

"What does that have to do with me sir" he said trying to hide his shocked expression .

"Nothing it's just that I saw your mother leaving that room holding bottles " he said while waiting for Xaviers response

He went silent for a moment not knowing what to say "what do you want"

He chuckled "the first person i asked to do this task didn't succeed and I'm 100% sure you will " he smiled at him.

"And what is that" he looked confused

"killing j-" he was cut of by a guard walking in "sergeant Cameron , Doctor Griffin request to see you immediately "

Xavier looked at shumway hiding his grin "may you excuse me"

"We will continue our conversation the minute you come back" shumway said.

Xavier nodded and headed out following the guard to abby griffin he walked in "Doctor griffin you asked for my presence".

Abby turned around "Xavier can we speak privately" .

"Sure" they go to a room ,when they get there abby turns around "I need you to get a pressure regulator".

Xavier looks at her trying to digest what she said "wh- I -you need what"

sh inhales "I've been looking over your mother's files , she's sick right ?"

"Yes but what does th-" she cut him by saying "she has heart failure, it isn't curable but I can give her treatment that last her many years ,you just have to get me that pressure regulator "