Treaty

Isis looked up at the evening sky, grey as it had been so often lately. The sound of the waves hitting the sandy shore far away was calming somehow. A moment of peace before the arrival of Zeus and his men.
A treaty of peace had to be signed between the gods of Egypt and the gods of Hellas.
Ever since that time seven years ago, when they had retrieved Seth from Hellas, there had been multiple threats coming from Hellas. Multiple sightings of their ships coming closer and closer to Egypt.

Everyone knew that they could not afford a war right now. Not when Egypt was still far from recovered and their god of war was gone. At least Horus had finally ascended to the status of a full god just a couple of years ago.
To Isis' surprise, her son had agreed to her idea of a peace treaty. He knew to make the right decisions by now.

Isis looked over at Maat who was smiling at Thoth, a sight seen more often lately. Isis wondered why that was.

Her gaze then fell upon Horus and Hathor who, of course, had come as well. Now that they were married and Horus was a god, Hathor had stepped up as his consort, leaving little space for Isis. Maybe it was for the best...but Isis knew that Horus had never wanted to marry her in the first place. He didn't love her, not one bit. But she had pressured her son into marrying Hathor out of her own weakness against Ra.
Maybe she shouldn't have made the same mistake she had made hundreds of years ago with her brother.

But as always, she just pushed those thoughts aside for now and concentrated on what was happening in the present time.

She snapped out of her mind when Thoth spoke up, "I can see the ship."
Isis squinted her eyes and nodded, "We should get going then. so we can be there in time to greet them."
She didn't want to greet Zeus. That man annoyed her more than anything in this world but she promised herself to keep it together for the treaty.

"Let's go then," Horus spoke, Hathor shifting at his side waiting for him to walk ahead. The ship was nearing the shore at a quick pace, followed by at least a dozen more.

Horus took a deep breath. He knew that this treaty was important for his land and his people, both still weak from the chaos of the past centuries. But he was hopeful that this step would help brighten their future.

Egypt was finally, slowly recovering from his Uncle's reign and as pharaoh, he couldn't do anything that would stunt that growth. It wouldn't be the right thing to do. But even now he often still wondered what his Uncle's whereabouts were. Years ago he had disappeared without a trace and Horus was getting worried.

If not for the occasional glow of the seal that kept his Uncle's powers sealed away, he'd probably assume that he was dead. Whenever that happened, which wasn't more than every couple of months, he could feel his heartache after the man he wasn't allowed to see.

He couldn't just go out and find him, cling to him, and embrace him anymore. Not since he was married to Hathor and she never left his side. It was exhausting, really. And recently she started nagging him about wanting to have children of her own.
For now, Horus was able to blame his lack of interest on being busy and a new god, unlike Hathor who did as she pleased and was much older than him.

Even now she was following behind him with a small smile on her face, something he secretly found to be an ick. He sighed and made his way down the sandy beach with the group of gods.

The foreign ship stopped at the Egyptian shore and just a little while later, Zeus emerged from the ship and jumped right down into the sand.
He stretched his limbs and smiled, "Goodness, it's been a while since I've seen these dunes."

Horus watched the man cautiously. "Zeus."

The Hellenic god turned his head, bright yellow eyes turning into a judgemental stare, "Horus."