War is over

"Where have you been last night?" Hathor sat on their marital bed, fuming with her arms and legs crossed. She looked nothing like the goddess of love at that moment and instead reminded him of a feisty little scorpion.

"That should be none of your concern, Hathor." He replied, voice quiet and calm. He had woken up in Seth's bed and it took him a second to remember what had happened that night. The embarrassment of what he did and what he said had chased him out of that room.

What would he have done had Ife been awake? He didn't know, he was just glad he didn't find out. But Hathor, of course, knew that something must've happened if he didn't spend the night in their shared bed.

"I asked you where you've been."

"And I said that you need to stop asking me!" He was already annoyed by her presence. He realized how much he already missed Seth's embrace.

"How can you be so shameless! I'm your wife!"

"Not by choice, Hathor!"

She gasped, waited, and got up, "What do you mean not by choice? You asked me to marry you!"

"Because Isis made me! You think I'd actually want to marry you? Don't make me laugh, Hathor."

Hathor's face turned an angry red color, "You– How dare you! What is there not to love about me? I'm beautiful!"

"I don't care for your beauty Hathor!" Horus let out a frustrated groan.

"So is there someone else then? Are you sneaking out to fuck someone else at night?" her hands turned into fists.

"So what if there is? What are you going to do?" Horus smirked and Hathor shook her head in disbelief of what was happening.

"I thought you wanted a child with me." she said, voice suddenly much smaller and quieter.

"I would never have a child with you Hathor. Didn't you ever notice that I'm not even into the things you do at night to please me? Didn't you ever stop and ask yourself if what you did to me I actually liked?"

"You never said anything.."

"Because you would run to my mother for every damn thing! It was always enough dealing with you, I didn't need my mother back on my ass telling me what to do."

Hathor's lip trembled and she broke down in tears right there and frankly, Horus didn't feel even a tinge of Empathy for her. She was one of the reasons why he wasn't happy and he decided that he wouldn't feel bad about it.

So he didn't stop her when she ran past him and out the door. Instead, he just plopped down on their bed and sighed. Maybe this was a mistake, but he couldn't care less anymore. Isis was right, he was the pharaoh, he should act like.

Zeus woke up to the sunlight shining into his eyes. It was just one more day until he had to be out on sea once again and this time he would be coming home with a treaty and a son.
Hera wouldn't let this one slide for sure. But then again, Seth had befriended some of his siblings. They would probably help out with this...situation.

He sighed and sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He'd have to talk to Seth about Ife. Maybe he could convince him to keep the kid here.

He got up, brushed through his hair and decided to not hold back on it and just go now. Ruin his day now, before it could be ruined later.
He made his way to Seth's room and to his surprise, the door was cracked open.

He was curious to know what it was that Seth was telling their child. He could be feeding him all the wrong ideas about Hellas after all.
Zeus stopped and waited until he could hear Seth's voice a little bit clearer.