Please

"What are you doing here?" Seth pushed Horus back and pulled the sheets up to his chest to cover himself. It was already late at night and the moon shined brightly into the room, bathing it in a cool light.
Horus towered above him, reeking of wine and incense, and just a moment ago woke him up by caressing his head and face. Seth blinked and turned his head to look for Ife, who was still sleeping in the other bed across the room.

"Seth..." Horus whined, very obviously drunk, and grabbed one of his hands with both of his. "I wanted to see you, Seth. You've been here for three days now and you haven't come to see me once."

Seth frowned, was he supposed to feel bad now for not seeking out a meeting with Horus? It had all been settled at that meeting days ago, he didn't realize there was anything more to discuss with Horus.

"So you decided to climb into my bed? If you wanted to talk you could've just asked me to meet you."

Horus sighed heavily and kissed his hand, once, twice, and then his wrist. He shook his head, "Do you really not understand? Or is it rejection? Are you rejecting me, Uncle?"

"What are you talking about Horus?"

His gaze softened when he saw a tear run down Horus' cheek and drop from his chin into the sheets that parted their bodies. Seth noted in the back of his mind that Horus was the sad drunk kind.

He reached up and tugged at the headdress to pull it down and reveal the face he hasn't seen in seven years. Tears glistened in those bright blue eyes and somewhere in them, Seth saw hurt, disappointment, and exhaustion.

Horus held Seth's hand up to his cheek and Seth stroked it softly, feeling its warmth in his palm.
"You said you didn't love him. But you had his child. Wasn't it you who said that a child is proof of one's love?"

Seth didn't remember ever telling Horus that but it was true, he did think that. Horus leaned into Seth's touch like he was touch starved and Seth was the only one who could save him.
"What are you trying to say?"

Horus' lip trembled and he leaned, or better, laid down on top of Seth and pressed a kiss right beneath his ear, "Don't make me say it." he pleaded with his Uncle.

"Are you saying that I actually do love him?"

That seemed to do the trick because Horus broke down into a fit of sobs and sniffles as he shook his head at the forbidden words. He didn't want to hear this, didn't actually expect to say it. Because what if Horus was right and Seth loved Zeus?

Wouldn't that mean that Horus was doomed to stay with Hathor and give her the children she wanted so badly? It would certainly give his mother the satisfaction of her plan succeeding. But what about Horus?
"Horus look at me."

He didn't want to but he wouldn't refuse Seth anything. He leaned back and oh, Seth was looking at him with these soft eyes and that smile, and– he was smiling?

Horus blinked slowly because it was probably just his drunk mind playing tricks on him but no, Seth was actually smiling. His hand wiped the tears away, "And this baby is playing king of Egypt? Just what were the Ennead thinking..." he whispered.

Horus felt shame and heat rise to his head and his cheeks turned red, though even the light of the moon was not strong enough to expose that.
"Uncle..."

"I mean that's all you are, aren't you? A big, jealous baby..."

Horus let out a sound of disapproval but Seth shut him up with a peck to the lips, "Oh? Did that upset you? Aren't you the one that came into my bed crying and complaining? You're the married one here Horus."

It was like a punch to the gut for Horus, because yes, he was married. And he was in Seth's bed right now, complaining about the possibility that Seth might have fallen in love with someone else.