*Drinks and dancing

Everyone was back at training the next day, including Steve despite Bucky's worry. He kept assuring the man that he was completely fine, but Bucky was still concerned. And even more annoyingly, they couldn't be near each other during training.

The silver lining though, was seeing Brock's face the next day. One of his eyes showed a darkened bruise and a red cut lay open on the bridge of his nose.

Steve stared in shock to begin with, knowing Bucky had done this, but then he felt proud. Sure it was nice knowing he had stood up for him, but Brock had managed to control Bucky for so long it was nice seeing him finally stand up to him.

Bucky stood rigidly, watching Steve's face and Steve could see the worry in his eyes. He looked at the blonde, waiting for his reaction. He thought maybe he'd gone too far and Steve would be disgusted. He couldn't even keep eye contact, flitting his eyes away every time they made contact.

But when they finally did rest on his face, Steve gave him a small, gentle smile and all his tension melted away. He wouldn't regret fighting Brock after he hurt Steve, but he didn't want to be thought of as a monster either.

"Woah, who did you insult this time?" Someone came in asking after seeing Brock's face.

He clearly looked annoyed at how many times someone had asked him about his face this morning so he just rolled his eyes and mumbled out the same thing he had to the countless others that asked.

"I just fell".

If anyone believed him, they were an idiot. Even people that were friends with him didn't act like as big of an asshole, and everyone knew he had it coming. Though most people didn't know who did it. Bucky only had a faint bruise but most of the trainees did, no one would ever know and Rumlow certainly wouldn't say anything out of embarrassment.

Nat and Sam gave him knowing smirks that he blushed away from and Brock hadn't looked in his direction at all.

"Maybe you should be more careful next time", Maria said simply.

After a few sniggers, the day went on as usual, training and fighting. Bucky felt much more at ease on the mat the more he practiced. He could see all the things Steve told him about and heard his voice in the back of his mind, directing him with gentle movements.

He won his fight that day and looked towards the scoreboard. He sat in the fifth spot, but after today, he would probably move to fourth. It was exhilarating, he never imagined he would be doing this well and he wanted to thank Steve for all of it. For helping so much.

So after a tiring morning, he asked Steve if he wanted to go and get some lunch outside the tower. They walked a few blocks away to a little café and had the best toasted sandwiches either of them had ever tasted. It was nice for them to be out together. Before this, the only place they could really be together was in one of their cramped rooms.

"I think I want to sleep with this sandwich", Bucky sighed with stringy pieces of cheese dangling from his mouth.

Steve let out a snorted laugh as he watched Bucky's eyes roll back when he swallowed the food.

"I see my services are no longer needed", he teased.

"Like fuck they aren't", Bucky grinned and squeezed the other's thigh.

He leant in and brushed his nose along Steve's before giving him a small kiss. Steve's eyes widened as he looked around them.

"Don't worry, we don't know anyone here", Bucky told him.

Steve looked around once more and a smile broke out on his face. He leant in again and let Bucky kiss him.

"Mhhm, definitely still need your services", Bucky muttered.