Epilogue

On her way home from a long night of drinking, Mrs Addams was pissed off about her son not coming home. She was unaware of what happened to him. She had made the fatal mistake of calling a Klansman a cracker, and was unmercifully bludgeoned to death not long after. Being despised as the town drunk, she received a dishonorable burial into the local lake.

The beating that the klansmen gave Birch left him with several large, deep gashes which became infected with gangrene. As his body ran septic, he spent the last few months of his life in insanity, pretending that Lawrence was alive and they were happily living together as a normal couple. Full of artificial love and happiness, Birch passed away in his bed, with Lawrence's stuffed body at his side. His father and sister's bodies were still lying on the floor of the house.

The stench of the decaying bodies had drawn the police to the residence, but they never figured out what had happened. They never figured out what had happened to the klansmen that Birch had murdered. The deaths that had occurred that April in 1935 were considered one of the most famous unsolved deaths of all time.

Emma Sherbourne became sexually promiscuous not long after she raped Birch. She moved to New York to sell her body on the streets, and was murdered by one of her pimps in 1938. She never felt remorse for assaulting Birch.

Back in Lael, the locals were deeply disturbed by the vast unexplained deaths. Many moved away to different places, and within a decade the town was abandoned. It remained a ghost town for nearly twenty years before all the homes and shops were bulldozed to add in new buildings and roads.

The story of the deaths went down in history, but nobody ever knew that the cause behind them was nothing but genuine, forbidden love between two young men.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

AN

WOOOO! IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVER!

I'll have you know right now that this story is over ten months in the making. I had lost ambition on it a couple times, and I was worried that I was never going to finish it. But I cannot tell you how much of a relief it is, knowing that I got it finished.

Anyway, if you're on my profile just for mushy love stories like this, I suggest you leave. I've come to realize that writing romance really just isn't my thing. So, I'm working on a different series of stories, called Peachy & Friends. It's weird, it's got paranormal stuff in it, feely stuff in it, it's just about unpredictable. So if that interests you, stick around. If not, thanks for stopping by.

If you're one of the almost 400 people that read this story, thank you so much. It really means a lot to me that you went out of your way to read such a drippy romance tale. I don't really know what else to say, it's almost 10 o'clock at night and I'm exhausted. So I'll leave it right here by saying thank you. :) I love you all. See you next time! <3

-BloodyRhododendron