sixty nine

harry stirs in his sleep, beginning to wake the next morning. involuntarily, a yawn forces its way out of him as his eyes start attempting to blink away the grogginess. the first thing he notices is how hot he is, the fabric of his clothes sticking to his body, giving him this icky feeling. particularly why he doesn't like sleeping in heavy clothing since he gets hot at night, and tends to sweat. the brunette groans, turning over onto his back and dramatically kicking off the blanket that's tangled around his body, setting himself free from the restraints, moaning in relief when cool air rushes against his hot skin. briefly, he stares up at the ceiling, eyes still drooping tiredly as he tried to keep them open.

the fogginess in his brain clears out after a couple seconds have gone by and harry's memory of the night before rushes forward. he just lies there, thinking back to last night when he and zayn had been shouting at each other, and the raven storming off. harry doesn't remember what happened after that, he must've fallen asleep and the alcohol he drank had him deep in his slumber throughout the night. the brunette jolts upright in bed, immediately regretting it when his head starts to spin.

it feels like ocean waves crashing against his skull, and he has to squeeze his eyes shut and wait for his brain mellow out. harry rubs his eyes once the feeling dissipates, glancing to the side. he expects to see the raven still asleep, but instead he's met with an empty bed. harry's heart sinks almost instantly at the sight of not seeing his boyfriend sleeping beside him. it's too unfamiliar. zayn being the anti-morning person that he is, he's typically always the one to wake up last, even on their sleep in days.

it's not like he has anything to do today either. school is closed, and he's certain zayn doesn't have to work today. therefore, there's no actual reason for him to be awake at this hour. unless, he got up to use the bathroom or he's somewhere else inside the apartment. harry swallows, and yanks the blanket from his body, getting up to go search for him. he isn't in the bathroom, or the kitchen, or the living room.

harry tries not to panic, every scenario possible entering his mind in a flurry. he doesn't wanna believe zayn actually would've left over what happened last night, although there was a little thought of that actually happening in his head before. but he didn't really believe that would be the case. zayn isn't usually the type of run away from his problems, he's far too egotistical and blunt. if he had something to say, he'd just say it to your face.

so, now harry's wondering where the hell this man went and if he was coming back anytime soon. he's about to go back up to his room but stops in the living room where pretty everyone is awake and already gathered there. niall and his lady friend, are chatting amongst themselves looking cozy in the love seat. while louis is popping hershey kisses into his mouth from the candy jar, lying across the couch, while liam is on his phone gently caressing the blue eyed male's legs that were thrown over his thighs.

louis noticed harry when he had first passed through, the brunette seemed to not have any regard for his friends in the room. but louis could tell his mind was preoccupied with other matters.

"hey h, what's the matter?" louis asks, even though he knew the answer to that already.

"did you guys see where zayn went?"

"no, i haven't." he answers. liam shakes his head as well, so does niall and his lady friend, dynasty, if harry remembers correctly.

"but you saw him leave right?"

"yeah, but i'm sure he'll be back. he didn't have shit with him, all his stuff still here." louis tells him, in hopes of easing his best friend's nerves. he could see the panic and despair in his green eyes. but, nevertheless, harry is still hurt, he can tell, it's all over his face. "he'll be back harry."