seventy one

the following week can be described as none other than chaotic. plenty of students had already returned early from holiday with their families, and there was talk of new year's eve parties, which would be taking place tonight now that it's new years eve. everyone is excited and inching to have a good time. new year's eve parties tended to be more wilder than just a regular weekend frat party, so people were constantly buzzing about it. with the tension between zayn and some of his friends, harry and zayn debated on whether attending this nye party would be a good idea.

because alas, it was being hosted by them. which could be cause for concern due to the fact that harry already don't get along with some of them, as well as zayn. then again, would it matter? just about everyone is going to be there, therefore the chances of having a run with them are low. even in case of running into them, there didn't necessarily have to be any drama, as long neither party engaged. harry wasn't against the idea, he loves parties and always knew how to have a good time, and so did zayn. so, after talking it over further, they decided they'd go and have one more night of fun before school starts again.

zayn and harry have been doing good in terms of their relationship. zayn appears to have reverted back to his normal ways. the first few days after the fight, he'd came off a bit jaded, but by the end of the week he started to liven up to his ordinary crazy self again. harry really adored this side of him, every side of him actually. but the side of him where he's at his happiest is the one harry enjoyed seeing the most. harry is sure zayn's still having an internal battle with himself with learning how to evenly distribute his attentiveness towards him, but that's a work in progress and it would take some time to accommodate. harry could understand and work with that.

moving forward, the apartment has quieted down with christmas passing, and pretty everyone aside from liam who pretty much lives here now, have returned back to their respective quarters. niall had got a head-start on moving back into his dorm, because once classes started back up he would become too lazy and busy doing other school related activities. it's somewhat back to a normal functioning day. since they all agreed that they were attending this new year's eve party, everyone was doing their own thing until the time came for them to go.

louis and liam left the apartment a while ago to do couply things, while harry and zayn stayed behind to hang out together alone with the place all to themselves. in which case was without a doubt much desired. the pair have really just been cuddling on the couch and watching movies, kissing, and talking, but mostly kissing. at some point they'd become burnt out of watching movies, and zayn had suggested something else he thought would be more entertaining.

so, here they were back up in their room. zayn is sitting on the bed rolling a blunt while music blasts through the speaker and harry's returning back from the kitchen after grabbing some snacks for them to engorge themselves on. the brunette crawls onto the bed to sit next to his boyfriend, who's just now finishing up sealing the blunt with the lighter. harry kisses his cheek, leaning his head on his shoulder as he watches zayn finish doing what he's doing. the raven then holds it out and glances at harry with a smile.

"ready?" he asks. harry nods.

"let's do it." he replies. zayn smirks.

"i'ma do you." he says. harry laughs, elbowing him.

"just light it, pervert." zayn chuckles, kissing his cheek. he flicks the lighter and holds it at the end of the blunt until it's thoroughly lit, then dropping the lighter into his lap. zayn takes the first hit, getting a good inhale in before releasing.