nine

harry wakes up in his bed the next morning, surprisingly. he's extremely groggy and out of it when he first opens his eyes. harry rolls over in his bed ignoring his achy bones so that he can check the time on the clock. he cusses under his breath, before burying his face into his pillow and screaming in it. it's saturday morning, nearing noon which meant harry has to get up and get ready to go to his part time job. fuck him for thinking it was a good idea to drink with the knowledge that he had to work the next day.

his head is still swimming a little, but he forces himself to get out of bed and head towards the shower in order to wash up and get ready. harry takes a nice cold shower to help him really wake up-as much as he hates it, it needed to be done. he cannot show up at work tired and hungover, he'd be fired for sure. or maybe he wouldn't, his boss wasn't so bad, but he didn't want to take any chances.

harry only worked three days a week-sometimes four if he was really needed due to the store being short staffed. he worked at a morrisons that wasn't too far out of his way, so it was highly convenient for him. he got a pretty good paycheck, so it's a win-win with this one. as much as harry hated going into work, he also liked having money to spend on whatever he wanted, plus he had to pay rent and such unfortunately (of course only half since he and louis shared the cost).

anyways, harry only had a limited time to get ready since he'd woken up a bit late, so he had to rush his shower and once he was done, he wasted no time putting on his uniform-just a store shirt and some khaki pants. once he's dressed, harry grabs his phone, detaching it from the charger. looking at the lock screen, he sees several notifications; from instagram, snapchat, and text messages as well as a games and a few other apps.

checking his messages, he sees two texts from louis that were sent last night asking where he was and if he had gotten home safe, one message each from liam and niall, and a few from his sister and some other friends. his shoulders slump in distaste when he doesn't we any new numbers, which meant zayn hadn't texted him.

he doesn't know why.

he can't really be disappointed. he can't expect such things from the other man. they haven't reached the good morning text stage, hell, harry isn't even sure they've reached any stage at all. they've done nothing more than just fuck and ditch (mainly on zayn's part). and last night may or may not be the last time they ever do anything like that together.

harry's not even sure that zayn will want to do it again. despite the fact that he gave him his number, that didn't really mean anything. or maybe it did-but harry shouldn't expect too much because that'll only cause complications. for now, he should just treat he and zayn's little rendezvous as one night stands-because that's what they were anyway.

he shakes his head, scoffing at how ridiculous he was being. he slides his phone into his pocket before grabbing his wallet and keys, making his way out. there's no time to eat anything, he's already running a little behind schedule, so he grabs just a bottle of water before exiting the apartment, locking the door behind him. he heads straight to his car and climbs in.

time to get this day over with.

~

work today was quite busy, which didn't really surprise harry much. they usually did get more customers on the weekend than during the week. not that he minded much, it gave him something to do and kept him occupied which helped the time pass faster. he had been busy from the time he walked in till it was time for him to clock out. time had just flew by.