🐣8🐣

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter contains sensible arguments, read at your discretion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was already a month since she was taken in a pharmacological coma, to let her body heal without any more traumas. Mimi decided to work from there since it was possible.

«How's she today?» Lee asked, it was his turn of surveillance. There were always at least two people guarding her room and other two in the nursery.

«She seems a little better, the doctor wants to wake her up in a bit,» she said stroking her cheek. Looking back at Lee, she questioned him. «Did you find that monster yet?»

Lee shook his head. «No, his company isn't collaborating, more I fear that someone informed him.»

She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily, «Felix? Did he say something?»

«Always the same, that he wants to talk to you first.»

Mimi sighed heavily, «I'll come down to the station when Jimin comes.»

Two days later Mimi was at the station waiting for Felix to be brought.

«Mimi,» she flinched slightly. «Thank you.» He looked at Lee, that was ready to exit.

«No,» Mimi stopped him, «he stays.»

Felix sighed. «Can't we talk alone?»

«No, you lost this right the moment you became that bastard minion. If you want to talk, he is staying otherwise I'll go too.» He nodded.

«OK. First, I want to apologize for everything.»

Mimi didn't say anything, she just planted her fully open hand on his face with all the strength she had. «I'm out of here. I hope the remorse for what you did will hunt you for the rest of your life.» Walking away from him.

Before stepping out she asked without turning, «Did you ever love me? Even a little?» she needed to know.

«...yes. I still do.» He said and looked at her walk away.

Mimi got back to the hospital where the group was gathered in Emma's room for her awakening.

«Doctor, I think it's still too early to wake her up.» Mimi told the man, «Shouldn't we let her sleep some more?»

«It's already a month, her wounds are all healed and we need to establish what her mental status is, to be able to help her at the best.»

The room was filled with tension as they waited for Emma to wake up. No one was talking, they all looked at the girl in the bed. A rustling broke the silence and Emma slowly opened her eyes.

Her first instinct was to retreat, but Mimi's voice took her attention.

Emma's eyes were empty when she looked at her friend. «Baby, dead?»

«No, our daughter is alive,» for now, Jimin thought. She looked at him, and from her dry eyes, tears started to fall. He cautiously got near her and took her hand she flinched and took it back.

«Baby, I'm not gonna hurt you; no one will look,» he gestured around the room to all her friends. «Can I hold your hand? Please?» slowly and cautiously, Emma stretched her hand toward him

Jimin gently took her hand in his and kissed it. He felt her trembling through his lips and that hurt his heart, a few tears left his eyes at the thought of her misfortunes. With her free hand, she wiped away those tears. «Gwaenchanh-ayo?»

He chuckled, «I'm ok, you shouldn't worry about me.» he said stroking her cheek. She leaned on his hand in total trust, but her eyes were still void of any emotions. It was hard to see her like that but at least she was with them now.