🐣10🐣

🔞Attention🔞:
This chapter contains sensible content please if you feel like it would hurt your sensibility, please don't read

***********

Inspector Lee made come forth a woman in her late sixties.

«This is Mrs. Sang Won-Sook, she has an interesting story to tell.»

«Please, come in,» Mimi said taking them into the living room. «Would a cup of tea be welcome?»

«Oh, thank you, Miss?» the older woman asked.

«Mi-Yon, Go Mi-Yon.»

After the tea was served, they started the talk. «Miss Go, can I ask how long have you known each other?»

«About five years. Why?» Mimi asked curious.

«I know Miss Emilia since the day she was born.» Jimin and Mimi's faces were astonished.

«Emilia?» She asked.

«Yes, I was her family governess.» the woman started. «The Torrelli family came here when Mrs. Angela was pregnant with Emilia, they lived in Daegu and managed a small company. After Emilia's birth, Mrs. Angela searched for someone who could take care of the house and little Emilia, and I was hired.»

«Sorry to interrupt, but how can we be sure Emma and Emilia are the same person?» Jimin asked.

«Let her finish her story and you'll know,» Lee told Jimin.

«The years passed and all was good, until the day the Kang family appeared,» she said in the darkest and sorrowful voice the woman had. «The widower father, Kang Yong-Gun, and his only son Kang Do-Yun.»

At hearing that name Jimin's aura changed completely, the air became electric and filled with anger, like his features. The woman a little unsure if going on with the story, looked at Lee who squeezed her hand reassuringly.

«The two families signed a deal, but soon Yong-Gun started to show alarming behavior towards Mrs.

He would show up at the door every day with whatever excuses when her husband wasn't home, he was obsessed to the point of spying on them through the windows at night, making anonymous calls where he just stayed silent, sending warning letters to Mrs. Angela, about how they were connected by fate and she had to be his no matter what.

One day when Emilia was fifteen, he dared to tell the couple to get divorced so he could marry Mrs. Angela and give her the life she deserved. Obviously, they refused and laughed. He didn't take that too well and threatened them. The couple kicked him out of the house called the police and got a restraining order.

All was good up until Miss' seventeenth birthday. They had just got back home when Yong-Gun assaulted the couple, killing Mr. When he lashed out at the madam, Emilia put herself between the man and her mother, the scar on her back is the result; convinced to have killed her he passed to finish the work. He gave her two options, marry him or die with her family, you know the end.» Silence fell in the room, Mimi and Jimin were astonished.

«What's wrong with that family? Why the police didn't do anything?!» Mimi asked Lee.

«I studied the case, like our case, strings were pulled from the high and all was invalidated. Right now, there is an investigation that will clarify the whole situation of then and now.»

«Yeah, but her parents were killed and we lost our daughter thanks to that family. I think it's a little too late!» Jimin said torn between sorrow and anger.

«I know and I'm deeply sorry for that, but that wasn't my jurisdiction, anyway let her finish her story.» making a sign to the older woman to continue.

«Thanks. Where I was? Oh, yeah. Emilia survived and had to wait for help to arrive; alone, with the bodies all night, feign being dead because he was still there sleeping like nothing happened. She was so traumatized that she forgot all, the doctors called it selective amnesia. I tried to take care of her, for four months but it was difficult, with her constant nightmares and panic attack and that man who tried to get to her when he found out she was still alive.

The police together with the Italian one, took her into the undercover program and changed her name, gave her an aunt who was a retired special agent, a new life. She thought she was in a coma and after we decided to tell her a made-up story, one that wasn't as painful as the truth. They transferred her to Italy and gave her the name of Emma Ralli.»

«How about Do-Yun's father? Was he arrested?» Mimi asked irritated and angry that her friend's life was one tragedy after another.

Now it was time for Lee to speak. «They arrested him while he was still in the house, Mrs. Sang was the one who called the police when she arrived the next day.» Mimi and Jimin didn't miss her shivering at the memory. «He was arrested escaped and arrested again; he got a life sentence after the second arrest, but four years ago he took his life after his son's visited.»

A door opened and all the people in the living went silent. Emma entered the room. «I think I fell asleep. I didn't know there were guests.»

She looked around and approached the only person in the room she didn't recognize. «Hi, my name is Emma, nice to meet you,» she told the older lady streaming tears after looking at the woman's face.

The woman's eyes were moist too. «Hello, young lady. My name is Sang Won-Sook,» from Emma's eyes, tears started to fall harder.

«Sorry, I don't know why this happened.»

The woman got up, gently stroked her cheek, and wiped away her tears, «don't worry about that. Now tell me how are you feeling?»

«I'm just a little bit tired, Aunty,» she said just putting her hand over her mouth. «Sorry, I don't know why I told you all that.»

«Don't worry,» she said making her sit beside her and patting her hand. «Tell me how did your life go.»

The other three left the room to give them some space. Lee updated them on the news about the investigation. Apparently, Do-Yun was seen in China, some weeks before, and since then his trace was lost, again.

After Lee and Mrs. Sang went away, Jimin and Mimi decided to prepare something to eat. Even Emma's attitude toward Mimi seemed to be improved.

Jimin stayed all day with them, mostly because he wanted to see if it was safe to leave the two of them together after her reaction of some days before.

«Do you feel like to go see the others?» Jimin asked her. Emma nodded her head and let her be led through the complex, she trembled through all the way.

Emma felt exposed and vulnerable, she looked around continuously and jumped for whatever little shuffle she heard. As they arrived at the guys' dorm from outside they could hear the guys' voices worried that nothing was ready for your welcome home party and the girls laughing like crazy.

Suddenly a ripping sound came followed by Jin's angry voice. «Ah, Namjoon-ah!!!! Please stay put in the corner. Now the ban it's ruined.»

On the other hand Yoongi, that was in charge to remedy Joon's disaster, called out for his girlfriend. «Babe, please go get me some tape.»

Emma's lips curled up, and a chuckle escape from them. «Should we give them some more time?»

«Yeah, I think they need it,» he answered smiling at her.

After a while, they heard a satisfied voice coming from inside and knew that was their clue to enter.