Chapter 13

Victoria's heart pounds in her chest walking up to Austin's front door.

She decided she would just show up at his place to break the news to him, as if she told him "Hey, we need to talk.", Austin would immediately know.

Vic presses the button on Austin's 'ring' doorbell. It takes him a moment to come to the door.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" Austin's voice rang through the speaker of the doorbell. He answers it with just a pair of grey sweatpants. 

Victoria's eyes widened at the site, but snaps out of it really quick before remembering what she was there for.

"Hey Vic, what are you doing here?" Austin asks.

"Hey, sorry. Is this a bad time? Did I wake you?"

"Oh no. I was up, just still in bed."

"Oh, okay. Um, can I come in?"

"Uh, sure. What's going on?"

Austin let's her inside, and she has a seat in his living room. He follows and takes a seat as well.

"So um, I'm here today, to tell you that you are...the father. Of my baby. Here's the test results for proof so you know that I'm not bullshitting you or anything." she says, handing him the test results she printed from her email.

Austin reads over the results with his hand over his mouth in disbelief. 

"I honestly had this really strong feeling that it was going to be me. And just so you know, I wouldn't have thought you were bullshitting me." he smiles shyly.

"Really? Not even with all of our bickering and hating each other?"

"No. This is serious. I know you wouldn't fuck with me about something like this."

"Well, good."

"Um, so how is this going to work? Like raising her & such?"

"Her? How do you know it's going to be a girl?"

"I just do. I have a feeling."

"Well, for now, we'll say 'they' or 'the baby'. Personally, I think it's going to be a boy, but I'm not going to just say it is one until I know."

"Well, I can't wait for the day when we find out it's a girl and I'm right."

"Oh of course, because you're a man, and you always have to be right." Victoria says starting to get snarky.

"Do you always have to try and pick a fight?"

"Isn't that, like, our thing? I mean, you'd do it too. And you provoke me most of the time."

"You provoke me to get snarky with you. But we should try and make it to where it's not our thing for the baby's sake."

"You're right. We really do need to try and be civil. Although, that's going to be hard. Kinda like fighting with you."

"You do?"

"Yeah. It can be, uh, fun sometimes."

"Maybe we can just take it down a notch to start. But, um, anyways. How are we doing this?"

"I guess we'll have to figure out custody & stuff like that before they're born."

"I would like half, if that's okay with you."

"I'm okay with that."

"Like I said before Vic, I want to be a part of the baby's life and I will step up & be its father. I will help you in any way that I possibly can. I got us into this, so it's only right that I help."