Chapter 20

It is currently Christmas Eve.

Victoria's mom, Evelyn & her stepdad, Peter, both came into Los Angeles to visit and to meet Austin's family as well. Victoria's parents are staying with her & Austin while they are in town.

Currently, both families are together at their place, including Ashton, Mila, & Juliet.

"Wait, how far along are you?" Evelyn asks Victoria as she glazes the ham in the kitchen. Victoria is currently mixing together the potato salad.

"About 5 months. I'm due around Easter." she looks to her mom with a smile.

"Ok, that's what I thought. Just a few more months to go."

"Yeah, I'm excited. About halfway there or so."

"When did you move in with Austin? Not long ago, right?"

"Yeah, I moved in last month like a week before Thanksgiving. I ended up moving in sooner than we planned."

"Why is that?"

"It was just easier, since I was going to be starting the good pregnancy milestones & more doctors visits. Austin doesn't want to miss anything, and I don't want him to either. Also, wanted to get moved in before I was too pregnant and couldn't do anything."

"That makes sense. I'm glad you two have figured things out. I know how rough it was between the two of you at the start."

"I'm glad too."

"And I see he's moved on?"

"Mhm. I think any day now he'll ask her to be his girlfriend."

"I still can't believe what you said to her." Evelyn chuckles.

"Mooomm, please. I know. But it's fine. I apologized, we're good with each other."

"Good. The last thing you need is to be stressing over a new girl he's with."

"Don't worry, I'm not."

Victoria looks over to the living room and sees Austin & Juliet cuddling on the couch, being all cute. She feels lowkey disgusted on the inside, but Ashton comes up behind her & takes her away from those thoughts.

"Hey, baby." Ashton says, wrapping his arms around Vic, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi, honey." she smiles. "I wish you didn't have to leave after dinner."

"I know, me too babe. It's just a lot easier on my family if I go to them rather than them coming here. But my parents want to come out soon to meet you."

"They do?"

"Mhm. We're thinking next month sometime."

"That would be great, Ash." she smiles.

"Is dinner almost ready?"

"Yeah, actually. Hey, Aus?" Vic gets Austin's attention, looking over to him.

"Yeah?" Austin replies.

"Can you get the table set, please?"

"Yeah. Wanna help me set the table?" he asks Juliet.

"Sure." Juliet smiles.

Mila walks into the kitchen, "Hey, is there anything you need help with?"

"Uh, yeah. You can start putting the sides on the table. Mom is finishing up the glaze before she cuts the ham, & Ashley is finishing up the desserts."

"Alright, sounds good." Mila smiles. "Is that a new necklace?" she asks Vic, noticing a sparkly diamond around her neck.

"Yeah, it is." Vic smiles. "Ashton got it for me. We already exchanged gifts."