Chapter 2 - Be Careful What You Wish For

Melody tells her story of how she joined the Crüe on the road and learned how the band became what it is. Unfortunately, the whole road trip was more than she bargained for.

~Melody's POV~

Many have asked, how did I survive for so long on the road with the world's most notorious band of the Sunset Strip? 

The answer was plain and simple. 

Ever since 1984, when almost 21 years old, my life changed for the good, the bad and the ugly of rock 'n' roll.

So, let's start at the beginning.

The 80's. The worst fucking decade in human history. Preppies and keyboards, stupid haircuts, Jazzercize and "Just Say No." It all fucking sucked! So, what do you do when you're born at the wrong time?

You make it yours.

And that's what Mötley Crüe did to the Sunset Strip. They lived just up the street from the world-famous Whisky-a-Go-Go. Every weekend, kids from the Valley to the beach flooded the Strip. And after the shows, they brought the party to their place.  

You have the drummer, Tommy. He always makes bad choices for a hopeless romantic like him.

Speaking of bad choices, there's Nikki who once set his arm, not to mention himself, on fire, trying to prove how punk he is. Wow.

Oh, the weird-ass moaning coming from the hotel rooms we resided in? That's Vince in there with one of the millions of groupies the band carried around with them for the duration of the tour. He's not thinking about her. He's thinking "Damn, I look good on that flyer" which was on the wall when the band first started in 1981.

And Mick Mars. He's an "alien". A grumpy old man with a serious attitude screamed punk.

However, what the four of them had together, they made it work with Mötley Crüe. You think that touring with the next biggest rockstars in history would have been a thrill.

Well, you thought wrong.

The moment I stepped on that tour bus for my first day with them, God, I WISH SOMEBODY WARNED ME.

At every hotel we stayed joining Ozzy's tour, the boys wasted no time trying to wreck everything in their paths:

I'm talking about Nikki using his bass to smash the lights between the corridors. 

Tommy running around drunk, naked and scaring the poor residents of the hotel (an old woman had to call the cops on him and mistook Mick for Tommy fitting the description).

Vince was occupied with some random chick in the bedroom.

Mick chilling with a Jack bottle in his hands, sleeping or both.

They even dared to expose their asses against a glass elevator door for the whole public to see, set fire to a hotel room with a firework, throw a TV out the window of the 5th floor that damaged a car, sneak into Doc's room to find the cocaine that he hides from the band - that was the one thing that grossed me out when they started snorting that shit.

It was a new definition of Hell on Earth. One that the world wasn't prepared for.