Chapter 9 - Primal Scream

When Vince breaks his sobriety, Nikki and the rest of the band get confrontational with shockingly drastic results.

🎵

January 25th, 1992

We sighed in the greatest feeling of relief we ever had after nine months of morning sickness, contractions and whatever else happens during pregnancy. Dr Andrews took out the baby with his hands; it's finally over. With the nurses cleansing and wrapping him up, they passed him to Nikki's arms to reveal the baby boy.

Our baby.

In a few seconds, he began to cry. He looked down at him, lighting rocking him in his arms and calming him down.

"It's Gunner," Nikki said, pulling the biggest smile on his face. "Gunner Nicholas Sixx."

"Amazing," I whispered.

Carefully, Nikki handed Gunner into my arms, my face peering down at his with awe. It took a lot of pain, sweat, strain and screaming into this, but it's all over. I raised my hand to see Nikki's eyes filled with tears, followed by mine which got me tearing up and sniffing. It was as if he were the only man standing; this had changed his life ever since he went to rehab, marrying me. Now he's got a son - his first son - to look after.

🎵

With babysitting taken under control thanks to my parents, Nikki and I were able to get back into the studio and start creating new material with the others. An album that could have been the next biggest thing for the band since Dr. Feelgood took off.

By the time we got back, Nikki started to notice some things that have changed in the studio: there were drinks.

And if that wasn't a problem we needed to manage and find out who was doing it, clearly it wasn't who we thought it may be.

Every one of us swore that the use of alcohol and drugs is forbidden after rehab. And it seems like he wasn't the only one when we went to grab a few drinks together one day.

Back at the Whisky like the old days during the tour.

A waitress came with a tray of shots.

"Lemon drops?" She offered.

"No, just some more waters, thank you," Nikki declined politely.

"This is great," Vince mumbled sarcastically, picking up his glass.

We also noticed that Vince hadn't been himself ever since the tour kicked off; just last year, he got a divorce from Sharise and couldn't see his daughter Skylar so much because of the Dr. Feelgood world tour. I got to be honest, we were completely burned out from that tour, unlike the ones the band did over the years. This one played an effect on Vince. In rehearsals, he wouldn't show up for more than an hour or so and we started noticing that he's started to smell of shots.

Alcohol shots.

"They're keeping us on the road for fifteen new dates in Canada," Nikki reminded us.

"I haven't seen anything about any new dates," Vince replied, already looking like he was about to go off on one.

"Check your itinerary, man."

"I would but apparently somebody doesn't think it's important to let the lead fucking singer know what the fuck is going on here."

"Guys, I fucked up," Tommy interrupted, breaking the tension. "Heather has been all weird and distant and I drank. Well, a little. I had one shot and I'm sorry."