Chapter 4 - Knock, Knock, Knockin' On Heaven's Door

When Nikki's heroin addiction grows worse, Melody confronts him with the idea of rehab. An idea that soon turned near-fatal...

~

May 10th, 1986 - Tommy's wedding day

The day of Tommy's wedding had finally arrived, and it seemed like he was ready to settle down with Heather for true love. Tommy, excited and anxious, looked at himself in the mirror before making his way to the altar. The rest of the band gathered in a room before the ceremony, but the atmosphere was far from celebratory. Vince was wasted with sunglasses on, Mick was sipping Jack Daniels, and Nikki passed out on the couch. 

From the heroin.

"She's really gonna marry me, huh?" Tommy said, excitement and anxiety laced in his voice. "This isn't some kind of a sick joke, is it?"

"Life's a sick joke," Mick remarked in his usual sarcastic manner with a chuckle.

"Hey, what time is it? I think we should get out there. Hey, Nikki, let's hit it! You guys ready?"

He turned to Nikki who remained unmoved on the couch.

"Yo, best man, let's go!" Tommy called again. "I got a wife waiting!"

Still no response. With a huff, Tommy walked over to Nikki in annoyance.

"You fucking kidding me? Nikki, wake up, asshole," the drummer raised his voice and slapped Nikki's face, waking him up.

Of all times, he had to shoot up at Tommy's wedding

"What the fuck, dude?" Nikki mumbled, slurring his speech before getting up. "Jesus! I'm good. It's all good."

"You're most definitely not all good, man," Tommy informed impatiently, and Nikki grabbed his beer bottle from the table. "But whatever just clean... Hey! Get your shit together! I don't want Heather to be embarrassed, okay?"

"I'm embarrassing?"

To be fair, I feel embarrassed by how Nikki's reacting to all of this.