Chapter 10 - Back to Square One Again

With Vince out of the Crüe's picture, the remaining members recruit John Corabi as the new singer. As grunge rock starts to dominate mainstream rock music of the '90s, more problems start to boil between the band.

🎵

September 1992

The news of Vince's departure had spread like wildfire. The papers, the media, the fans - everybody found out.

All for the worst reasons.

In terms of who to blame for all this spiralling out of control, I felt as though we deserved to get our asses kicked by God and the fans for Vince leaving because it was the worst mistake in history to have ever happened.

And there were talks; either move on or disband. However, Nikki insisted on keeping going and decided to hire somebody else to be the next Vince.

And when I say the "next Vince," I mean some other random blonde bombshell destined to be unlikeable.

Seven months later, Nikki turned up back home with a grin on his face.

"We got him," he declared, proudly.

I titled my head as I was holding Gunner who fell asleep on my shoulder.

"Got who?" I asked, standing up.

"The new singer?" He insisted, and I gasped.

"Seriously? That quick?"

"You're gonna like him; his audition knocked us off our fucking feet."

"But who is he, Nikki? Is he any good?"

"I hope so. We're meeting him tomorrow for our next record."

Sighing, I gently set Gunner on the carpet in the middle of our living room, tucking him with his pale blue blanket. Backing away slowly, I approached Nikki who made his way to the kitchen.

"Still doesn't feel right," I protested in a whisper, walking to the kitchen. "You think the fans are going to accept this?"

"Baby, that's all in the past," he reassured, placing his hands on my cheeks. "Besides, we're still Mötley Crüe. But a lot better than how we were back then."

"Who is he, Nikki?"

"John Corabi. Recently left his band The Scream. He's awesome."

"Better than Vince?"

"Sure, he's not the Vince we expected but he's got something we never thought he could bring to the table. What difference does it make? We're still a band though, right?"

🎵

March 1994 - 2 years later...

Times did change when we entered the '90s. After Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' took off at the peak of their career until Kurt Cobain died from suicide the same year, creating the latest music genre called 'grunge,' the world seemed to have abandoned what was left of rock 'n' roll and hair metal. So, they wanted to move on. Along with the upcoming new generation of fans that were once about that life of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll.

This was the same time rock bands such as KISS, Guns N' Roses, Cinderella, Metallica, L.A. Guns, and Bon Jovi started to become a distant memory of what rock was back in the '80s, leaving them no choice to either disband, go on hiatus, or write music that will only plunge them to failure.