Chapter 1, cruelty

Tanjiro's pov:

"Alright everyone, I will be going to sell charcoal now!"
I said happily. I saw Nezuko then rushing towards me.
"Oni-Chan! I want to come too!
"Sure you can come with me nezuko." I said smiling
"Hey! I wanna go too!" I hear Hanako running towards me and Nezuko.
"I'm sorry sweety, but you can't go. Tanjiro and Nezuko are fast walkers. If you wanna go they can't set you in the cart." Mom said too her.
"I wanna come too! :(" Shigeru wanted too come along too.
"I'm sorry sweety but same goes for you."
I then see Takeo with his axe. "Hey! Are you going out again?...i was kinda hoping if we could chop some wood together.."

"Yes Takeo I'm sorry! But we will be back as soon as possible!"

Takeo sighs in disappointment.
"There there!" I rufle his head making him back up in embarrassement. Me and Nezuko, and the rest all laughed together.

" Anyways, come back soon you two!" Mom said.

"We will!"

"We will!"

Both me and Nezuko said.

"Don't be away for too long." Father suddenly came outside from the house
"We won't!"

__________________________________________________________________
Nobody's pov:

They all wave goodbye as Tanjiro and Nezuko head to the village.

After they selled all the charcoal they had Tanjiro saw that it was already getting late so they both went back home.

__________________________________________________________________

Tanjiro's pov:

When me and Nezuko where about to walk up the mountain again to go home, we saw old man Saburo! "Hey you two, it isn't save to go back up the mountains at night."

We both looked confused at eachother.

"I'm sure we will make it! I have a keen sense of smell after all!"
"No it isn't...you may get caught by an man eating demon."

Me and Nezuko walk into his house.

Old man saburo invited us in his house since he said it was dangerous out there at night, so me and nezuko agreed on staying the night at his house. As we where about to sleep I said: "What do you mean by demons?" Saburo replied with: "Demons are man eating creatures, they only appear at night since the sun burns them." He said with a serious tone. Nezuko then asked me: "Do you think our family is going to be save from those "demons"? "
I replied with: " I'm sure the demons can't get inside houses."
"Oh yes they do.." Old man saburo said. He continued with: "But don't worry, the demon slayers destroy them all." As me and Nezuko went to sleep, old man Saburo set off the candles.

The next morning we where off to go home. We waved goodbye at Old man Saburo before going back home...not knowing what was next.

We saw the corpses of our beloved family.

" AAAH!" Nezuko screamed in a panic as she was running towards the house. I was running too. We both stared at the dead body's... Mother was outside of the house laying her arm across Hanako like protecting her, father was laying infront of Takeo and Shigeru and Rokuta where very bloody..

We both cried when we saw them. It was a horrible sight.

A hour passes

When we where done burying them we let our family behind. Not looking back, holding in my tears, we set off. After a few hours of walking, it already turned dark out. Nezuko spotted a demon behind me hungry for a meal. Then she grabbed the hatchet on her and attacked the demon with it. I was stunned on how strong she was.... Scary-  the demon was already gone tho, then I saw someone standing in front if a tree. It was a man with black hair tied in a pony tail. He had a kind of weird haori design, half of the haori was reddish while the other half was yellow and green with cubes. Then I saw him holding a katana. There was "destroyer of demons" or something like that on his weapon.
"Who are you?" The man then answered with: "My name is Giyuu Tomioka, I am a demon slayer."
Nezuko then went up to him."Can you please help us?, our family members where killed!" "And i smelled a scent there that i never knew.." I said adding to what Nezuko said.

Giyuu: "I'm sure that a demon was responsible for it." He said with a emotionless face.

I could smell how sad Nezuko was getting.

"How did you get rid of that demon?"

"If you want to be able to slay demons too, go to mount Sagiri and find an old man named Sakonji Urokodaki."

dissapears😱

As me and Nezuko where heading to mount Sagiri, I saw a straw basket with a few holes in it and some bamboo, i thought that it was going to be usefull in the future so i asked the owner if I could have it. He said I could take it and that I didnt have too pay. I insisted and payed him a few coins. (I think i slapped the coins a bit to hard soon his hand tho- I hope I didnt hurt him)

I started making a basket for if we had to transport tools and Nezuko helped me with the basket! As we where done with the basket Nezuko saw that we had some left over bamboo so she put it in the basket.

Nezuko's pov:

I saw some left over bamboo on the side so I picked it up and put it in there. The bamboo that me and Tanjiro used where very hard- (like really hard) so it took awhile before that basket if Tanjiro was done, We where heading to Mount Sagiri, and as we walked for like an half hour I spotted a demon eating people..

That demon continued eating until Tanjiro and I where just looking at it eat. I couldn't bear the thought of this demon eating innocent people... It made my blood boil...I attacked the demon with the hatchet I still had, the demon kicked me off him, letting go of the hatchet I hit the wall...that hurt- the demon was about to attack me. But luckily Tanjiro stepped in and holded the demon off with the axe he had. "Thanks tanjiro!" I said. I grabbed my hatchet and we both where about to attack it, Tanjiro sliced his head off!
I thought that demon was dead but apparently not. His head grew little arms and attacked me, Tanjiro was handling with- HUH? THAT DEMON HIS BODY- I was in shock but still dealt with the head, his hair grew and gripped the hatchet. I threw the hatchet away to a tree. I saw that he couldn't move so I took that chance too help out Tanjiro.

Bruh- Tanjiro just threw that demons body off the cliff, leading that to knock the demon out!

I celebrated a little 🕺🏻

Tanjiro's pov:

So after Nezuko celebrated victory, I followed her too the head of the demon. I could smell that he was still alive so I grabbed a knife out of my pocket and was thinking about stabbing the head. I hesitated because it would be painful getting stabbed in the head..

Suddenly a man with a Tengu mask touched my shoulder and said : "thats not going to kill it."

(Authors note) Hi! This is my first story I wrote, I hope you like it 😅 I'm thinking to be as detailed as possible too this AU I'm making :))

(DAYUM 1261 WORDS-)