Chapter 5, Coincidence

The demon said while still coughing, zenitsu looked like he fell asleep or something. He then charged at the demon. "Zenitsu!" I scream while getting worried he might get himself hurt. He ran back to me only for one of the three demons to attack from under! Zenitsu then did a BACKFLIP in the air and walked towards me. Impressive!

But Wait, Zenitsu is a demon! I'm sure he can protect himself...maybe he can protect these people while i fight the demon! -s? I thought to myself.
I told Zenitsu to protect these people while i handle or yk- kill the demons.

Suddenly a swamp appeared under me. "Zenitsu! I'm going under now! Be sure to protect these people!" He nodded and is now handling with one of the three demons. As i was in the swamp, 2 demons where ready to kill me. "LMAO there is almost no air in this swamp so its over for you!" One of the demons said, then they both swam around me and charged at me, but little do they know that there is a technic that is strongest under water. Evil laughs

Water breathing, sixth form! Whirlpool! And just like that i slayed those demons.
Hmm i saw a cloth that was wrapping a quiet a few things. It looked like the collection of hairpins! I grabbed it before going back to the surface.

Zenitsu's pov: (his unconsciousness) (while Tanjiro was still in the swamp)

So Tanjiro told me to protect these humans.
Don't worry! I will protect you all! I will never let a human die again. Me and that demon where punching and kicking eachother,i think he was knowing all my movements slowly and scratched my forehead. Ouch!?-
He was charging at my face ready to pierce right through. Welp. It was good knowing my face-
"STAY AWAY FROM MY DEMON!"
Tanjiro came back up the surface! Did he just call me HIS demon???- but anyways.
He sliced both his arms off and the demon was cornered to a wall.

Tanjiro's pov:

"Do you know anything about a man named"Muzan Kibutsuji"?"
As soon as i said those words, i could smell pure fear from this demon. He also looked very frightend, but refused to say a word. I slice his mouth as he began to speak. "I can't tell you! I cant tell you!" He said repeatedly. "I CANT TELL YOU!" he charged at me so i had no choice but to decapitated him. Still no answer... I thought to myself.
Wait.... Zenitsu! I quickly look behind me to find Zenitsu asleep against the wall when suddenly i remembered what Urokodaki said. "I think that he heals through sleeping, instead of devouring humans like he said himself." As i zoned out abit i noticed how cute he is while sleeping...NO NO! Tanjiro keep yourself together.. I put him back in the box as the sun was coming up and saw Kazumi on the ground looking devastated. I gave him the piece of cloth i still had and handed it over to him.
I hope you can find what you want in here. Poor Kazumi... He then grabbed me by the collar. "How would you know how it feels to lose someone. You're just a child!" I grabbed his hand gently as i looked to him. He then looked at me in surprise as i stood up and walked away. I then heard him apologize as i waved goodbye.

That man.....

Muzan Kibutsuji...i will make sure his blood is on my blade... And that i will decapitate him..
As i was walking the crow said i had another mission.

I had another mission already!?
"No timee! Move it!"
"Cant i get little break?"
"NOO TIME!!!!"
(I think the next mission was in a city in Tokyo named Asakusa or something-)

I had another mission already!? "No timee! Move it!""Cant i get little break?""NOO TIME!!!!"(I think the next mission was in a city in Tokyo named Asakusa or something-)

WOAH!- the big city's are so bright even tho its night out! And so many tall buildings!
I'm not used to this- i think I'm getting dizzy.. ofcourse Zenitsu was out of the box and i held his hand to make sure he didn't get lost, since he looked kind of sleepy. We walked to somewhere, trying to find where the demon was, when i saw a couple in the alleyway... Yk-
"Oh! Uhh.. So sorry!" I apologized and ran off in embarrassement... I was still holding Zenitsu's hand tho. After some time, we ran into a udon shop. "Can i please get 1 bowl of udon?" Gosh i was so exhausted and not used to this...😞
While we where sitting down, Zenitsu fell asleep on my shoulder. How pretty he looks... I blushed a bit before hearing the man that was preparing the udon tell me that the food is ready. As i was about to eat it, i smelled a familiar scent...

Wait...that smell! I dropped the bowl of udon and ran to that smell
I chased the smell of that man.
Why is this smell here!?
I continue running through the crowd when i finally reached him...

Muzan Kibutsuji i was about to pull out my blade when suddenly.
I saw a child in his arms.. And he had a wife!? "Daddy, who is this?" I hear the child ask. "I don't know quite myself dear,"
"Can i help you with something?" He asked. The child and the woman both smelled human!-

No....don't you get it!? This man is a demon! Who kills people!
I then saw him scratching somebody. He just turned an innocent person in a demon!- the man then attacked the woman next to him and bit her, leading the woman to scream in pain.
"STOP!" I run towards the man and put my scarf in his mouth while holding him down. Ugh.. This is not good! That man is getting away.. "MUZAN KIBUTSUJI! I WILL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DEPTHS OF HELL AND MAKE SURE THAT MY BLADE WILL GET RID OF YOUR HEAD!" i angrily shouted. A few cops came and said that i should get off him. "No! You don't understand! I'm the only one who could restrain this person!" The cops then tried to get me off him.When suddenly, I saw a strange flower trail surrounding me! That's when i saw a woman who cut her arm. "You still call this man a person despite being a demon. So i shall help you." "...but wait, that's scent, are you?..."
"Thats right. I am a demon but I'm also a doctor. And i would also like too see Kibutsuji obliterated."
I got off of the man and she brought him and the woman to her estate i think?- i quickly rushed back to the udon stand to find the seller yelling at Zenitsu.

"AREN'T YOU GOING TO EAT ANYTHING!? WHATS THAT MUZZLE FOR?? IS IT A CHOPSTICK HOLDER!?" Zenitsu looked confused at the man while I got behind him. "I would like 2 bowls please!" The man then made me 2 bowls and i quickly ate them. "Thank you for the meal! It was delicious!" I said when i was finished and about to get going. The man then said that i could come there anytime.

"Sorry for leaving you behind like that Zenitsu..." Zenitsu seemed like he accepted my apology but then stopped walking. Looking a bit confused.
"Whats wrong Zenitsu?" I look at what Zenitsu was looking and i saw the boy from earlier. "You know i could've just followed your scent." "Even if you did, you wouldn't be able to find our place. Lady Tamayo said that i should bring you." "Oh and more more thing..did you know that boy you're with is a demon? And not much too look at." "Not much to look at"? Doesn't that mean that he was calling someone ugly? But who-..

ZENITSU!? "OKAY THAT WAS A RUDE THING TO SAY. YOU DO NOT JUST INSULT SOMEONE LIKE THAT! APOLOGIZE!" "Just follow me." "Alright! I will follow you but you gotta apologize to Zenitsu!" After a few minutes we where standing infront of a wall. "Just apologize! That was a very rude thing for you to say!" He then went...through the wall?- We followed him and then saw a house infront of us. I noticed i was still holding Zenitsu's hand so i quickly let go. What embarrassing.. I blushed a bit again before looking infront of me. The house was very Pretty!
He then led us to the front door. "Just a reminder that Lady Tamayo wanted you to come here. Other wise i wouldn't have brought you. And cared less about what happens to you." He sounded kind of angry tho- what menacing..as we went into the house, i saw the demon woman with the woman who got biten. "Sorry i left you behind with all of that too take care of" "its alright, the woman seems too be fine. But her husband must be contained in the basement." "Isn't it hard for you too nurse a human?" "Do you think that all demons are blood thirsty?" Yushiro said. "Oh sorry"
"Yushiro, why do you resort to violence?. I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Tamayo and this boy is Yushiro. I hope you two can get along." That seems very hard- or maybe impossible... "And too answer your question, i don't find it difficult. I HAVE altered my body too Kibutsuji's curse." Curse???? "I can survive off of a little human blood." Miss Tamayo then led us too another room too sit down and talk.

(Authors note) Yippee 🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻 another chapter out!
Sorry it took so long to post another chapter 😭 i think i kinda forgot to post. And when i was searching for Tanzen stories on wattpad, i came across a story that also has the same au i have (kinda) way before i even installed this app. 😅 So that was a coincidence- (JUST LIKE THE TITLE FOR THIS CHAPTER LMAO-)
(I rewrote this chapter a bit too)