Chapter 9, Medical injury

Authors note) i kinda wanna skip the fight between Tanjiro and Yahaba because its canon what happens there anyways (sorry!) 😭

Zenitsu's pov: (his unconsciousness)

The temari demon was throwing all of her temari's, so i dodged them all. It was kinda (?) Hard but i didn't get hit, i then see Yushiro run up too her and turn invincible! It looked like he was punching that demon while being invincible. Cool! "You hurt Lady Tamayo!, i wont forgive for that!" Yushiro must really care about her, huh? "Tamayo? Isn't she the fugitive? What a souvenir!" I heard from the distance. "Is that right?" And then the temari demon threw her temari's at me and Yushiro.

I was dodging the temari's pretty well actually! These temari's look kinda soft too.. So maybe, i can kick these? So i ran up to one heading towards me. And...

I couldn't kick it

I couldn't kick it.

and i fell to the floor- it hurt so badly

and i fell to the floor- it hurt so badly.. MY LEG-

i see the temari demon then standing right infront of me and she kicked me into the house..OW?-

"What fun this is! Yahaba, would four heads be enough to take home?" I hear the temari demon talk. "No we're taking two, the demon slayer and the fugitive. We have no use for the other two."
While they where talking, Miss Tamayo ran up to me to look at me leg- "Zenitsu..." She looked worried, the bleeding wasnt stopping too. "This medics will help heal your leg right away, okay?" She's so kind! :) it reminds me of how gramps would treat my injury's..i still heard Tanjiro fighting outside too, i hope he's doing okay. I heard multiple bangs too, like someone being thrown everywhere or something- the temari demon suddenly began dribbling the temari's so fast that it caused a lot of dust to appear. SO MUCH dust that you couldn't see anything in it- "Ridiculous. Its child's play for me to evade a linear attack like this! Locating you is a breeze aswel!" Damn Yushiro- the temari demon then grinned and tossed a temari at Yushiro! I won't let anyone get hurt, lets see if i can kick this temari!

"mmhmmHM!" I said whilst trying to kick it, idk why tho :D but I kicked it! :D "what fun this is!" "Hey you, don't be so rash just because you're immortal!" He kinda reminds me of- Kaigaku... I quickly pat his head. "What do you think you're doing!? Here it comes!" Another temari was heading towards us- and i kicked it again. Why was it so hard to kick tho??? :,| the temari demon just laughed and threw another one again, so i kicked it again. This time the temari was a bit easier too kick. :) the demon just stared at me angrily and kicked a temari at me so, i kicked it back at her. And then we where kicking the temari back and forth to eachother with everytime a harder kick. I heard lady Tamayo and Yushiro talking about me tho- but anyways! As we where kicking at eachother, this one was really hard to kick- if I'm going to kick this really hard, i will have to use all my strength in it! So with all my might, i kicked the temari. But it hit the wall tho :,) the temari demon started laughing. "You're an amusing boy! This time, I'm going all out against you! I wonder how long you would hold out.." Adter she said that, She summond 6 temari's in her hands. MY GOD- i have to concentrate really hard on this.. wait?- Is lady Tamayo heading right infront me? " twelve kizuki demon girl." "You're in my way! Step back, you damn fugitive!"

"Just tell me one thing please. Are you aware of Kibutsuji's true identity?" The demon got shoked and scared for a moment. "What the hell are you saying!?" "That man is nothing but a coward, he lives in a constant state of fear." "Stop it. Damn you, stop it!" "Do you know why demons cant band together? The reason why demons cannibalize eachother? Its to prevent other demons to team up against Kibutsuji... He manipulates demons to act this way, demons like you." "Shut up! Shut up, shut up! No way he is that petty! The power he wields is mind- blowing! There's no one stronger then him! Not lord Kibutsuji!"

Wait- is that a flower pattern being summond around lady Tamayo? And the demon stood still for a few seconds before dropping the temari's and covering her mouth. She looked scared too.. "You've utters that name out loud, haven't you? That will trigger the curse." This stuff is making me a bit dizzy- or more sleepy?... "I do feel sorry for you, but.. Farewell." I'm pretty sure my body was sleeping against the wall of the house but i could still hear them talking. "PLEASE FORGIVE ME! IM BEGGING YOU! PLEASE! PLEASE! FORGIVE ME!" And after a few seconds of that, i heard blood spatter everywhere.. I thought she already died but, APPERANTLY NOT- i think i heard her skull getting crushed-
I could also hear Tanjiro's voice, I'm glad he's still alive! I also heard them talking about a curse with his cells or something- wait.. Did lady Tamayo say that the temari demon wasn't a twelve kizuki??? i feel weak :,| i think that lady Tamayo was carrying me somewhere or something- that's :D- mhmm.. Never mind-
I feel like a couple of minutes have passed since i fell asleep.

Zenitsu' s pov: (fully awake)

Hm? I woke up in a bed? Wait- WERENT WE ABOUT TO BATTLE SOME DEMONS?!??!!! *sigh* never mind. Am i in the basement?- oh! And i see lady Tamayo and Yushiro too. I want to find lady Tamayo something before i leave tho.. "Hello Zenitsu, how are you doing?" Woah she's beautiful..! I just nodded in response since i couldn't talk with this ANNOYING MUZZLE- i got out of bed and followed her and Yushiro to meet up with Tanjiro! I heard him yelling to know where we where.

Tanjiro's pov:

"Over here! Over here!" Ooh.. So they where in the basement- "not that you need to come at all. But if you want to, then get down here." "Yushiro!" "Only joking!" "Hurry down, then, Tanjiro!" I came down the basement then 😀. I smiled in relieve as I saw Zenitsu running up to me. "Zenitsu!" Aww he hugged me!~ i hugged him back ofcourse. "I moved him to the basement, where sunlight cant reach here- ahead of daybreak." Zenitsu then let go of me and ran towards miss Tamayo with his hands reaching out to grab something? "Zenitsu?" He then gave an actually pretty flower to Miss Tamayo! That's sweet! :> and then, he turned away blushing. and Yushiro... Looked pissed- "why, you!" Zenitsu then handed the flower to her. Wich made Yushiro mad-

Zenitsu then started staring Yushiro. "Why are you staring at me?" "Zenitsu's been acting this way since he woke up, is he alright?" "There's nothing to worry about. He's fine!"(You think so? 😌)
"He probably thinks of you as family!" "Seriously. Stop staring-" "Friends? But i thought the spell Zenitsu was under made him believe only humans are? And Yushiro and i are demons." "What do you want from me?!" "But Zenitsu has perceived you two as humans. Thats why he tried to protect you." I saw that Zenitsu was squinting his eyes at Yushiro in confusionnbut he eventually just looked away looking at Miss Tamayo and his face turned red after he saw the flower he gave her still in her hands. Miss Tamayo suddenly began crying... "Thank you...Zenitsu! Thank you." She said gripping more tightly onto the flower. Yushiro spaced out for a few Seconds. And after a moment, Miss Tamayo began speaking!

"me and Yushiro will be leaving this region, we've gone too close too Kibutsuji. We must conceal our whereabouts soon or the risk will be too great." "Tanjiro?" "yes?"

"Would you like us to take Zenitsu in?" Wait what?- " there's doubt that he will be save, but i believe it will be less dangerous then taking him to battle." That might be true.. She's right. It will be better for Zenitsu to be in their care. I noticed Zenitsu tugging on my haori looking into my eyes. I couldn't help but blush a bit- his eyes are beautiful..

(he probably wants to see if they're more pretty girls here 😭)

I knew what he wanted. "Miss Tamayo, thank you so much for your concern, but.. Me and Zenitsu will be staying together. We aren't going to be separated from eachother." "Very well, in that case, i wish you long-lasting good fortune in battle." "Alright!" "We'll be leaving soon after we erase our traces here. You two get going now!" Yushiro said facing away. "right! Okay miss Tamayo and Yushiro, we wish you well! Zenitsu, lets go."

"mmhhmh!" He nodded in reply. As we where about to go up the stairs, Yushiro wanted to say something. "Zenitsu, Sorry for calling you ugly." "Mmhhhmm." Zenitsu was trying to say something, but he couldn't so he gave a thumbs up in return and waved goodbye before i went to go get his box, get him to shrink and get inside the box. his little wave was adorable!

Authors note)

Sorry this chapter took so long to publish! These drawings took ages 😭 (DAMN 1599 WORDS AND PUBLISHING THIS IN A SCHOOL NIGHT AT 02:42 AM-)

(Also re-edited this chapter a bit :> )