Chapter 15, A wild life

Authors note) basically explains inosuke's backstory

(Also a bit spoilers for the manga)

No one's pov:
__________________________________________________________________

Inosuke's mom knew the man that had accompanied her was a demon: douma she didn't want to run away tho. But did anyway. Kotoha (inosuke's mom) ran into the woods and eventually ran to a cliff. Douma was chasing her in the woods and she was getting scared and thought that douma was about to kill her. So her only option for her son was to throw him of off a cliff and pray that he'll live. Douma didn't want to kill her because he actually likes kotoha's company. But he didn't really have an option, so he killed her.

A few years later, Inosuke is now 13 (he can talk thanks to the man that always scolded him forbeing near his grandpa but they eventually kinda raised him) and still with his boar family except, he has killed his own boar mother ☹️💔 but once he was going hunting with his boar family, he saw a blond headed person with a blood thing on his head, wearing a red kind of vest with black blood at the end of the sleeves in a mansion. Inosuke became curious and entered the domain. The person he saw through the window took a glance at him and greeted him politely thinking it was just one of his "worshippers" and asked : "why hello there! What brings you here? Money? Fame?" (Idk)

Inosuke looked confused at the person (demon) and questioned him: "whats money? Is it edible? Is fame food?" Douma looked confused at the boar headed boy and looking at his poor state, he randomly decided to take him in and basically just adopted him out of pure boredom i guess??? ಥ⌣ಥ
Douma teacher Inosuke the basics of humanity and treated him kindly despite himself being a demon but Inosuke didn't know. Till he knew about the demon slayers. He told douma (his so called father figure) what the demon slayer corps is. Douma looked unbothered and explained that its a corporation that exterminates demons. Inosuke wanted to join it since he had:

1. Nothing to do
2. For fun
3. Fighting looks fun

But he didn't want to hurt douma since douma already told him that he's a demon but he didn't care because... Idk but he encouraged Inosuke to join it since he loved the idea of fighting so he signed him up for 'final selection' but he send a worhsipper to sign because he's a demon. OBVIOUSLY? He trained Inosuke a bit because the boy was already so good at fighting despite not knowing the ways of fighting. Douma also told him about all the breathing styles. And when it was time for final selection, he gave Inosuke a lucky charm for luck at final selection. Once final selection was over, he chose for duel swords (two nichirin blades) and an open uniform because he was shirtless most of the time home because he feels like he's suffocating in shirts and him being in the forest for most of his live, but douma don't want Inosuke to fight shirtless because he thinks its inappropriate and they both decided to an open uniform. When Inosuke was about to go for his first mission, he wore his boar head and the lucky charm that douma gave. And then they both  said bye to eachother, hugged eachother and then Inosuke left the mansion for his first mission.

(The lucky charm is actually the shape of douma's fans but tiny thats blue)

Bonus!:

Douma is against Muzan, but doesn't think about it at meetings because Muzan can read every demon's minds. Inosuke knew what he does at the worshipping area of the mansion, and also sees a bit of how douma eats/ kills people, but Inosuke is unbothered by it and enjoys watching.

(Like a psycho) but their father-son relationship is strong.

Authors note) and this explains inosuke's backstory (*´∀'*)
(Sorry its so short)