Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ofcourse Freen couldn't keep all of her thoughts to herself. She had to tell it to someone or she would explode.

Someone had to help her get everything in order and explain it. So she called in her best friend. Kade didn't hesitate and was there in less than 5 minutes. That was a new record. She was curious for every detail.

'Please tell me you didn't do it on this couch I'm sitting on, cause ew..' she teased Freen.

'What?! No, shut up. She's getting married Kade. We didn't do anything. Idiot...' Her friend giggled, but saw how Freen's cheeks flushed bright red.

'But if she weren't, you two would have tho.' Freen thaught for a second to long. I mean, with all that tension there was last night... she would be lying if she disagreed.

She shook her head, getting away from her thoughts. 'Stop bullying me, will ya.'

'Alright, now tell me anything that happened last night.' And so Freen did. She told her about the food, about Becky's life, about the electricity she felt, their hands, her eyes and the hug.

'She wants to see me again today. We'll meet for dinner in town.' Kade looked at her smirking.

'Are you sure, she's marrying that Bob guy.' Freen rolled her eyes at that. 'His name is Nop and stop that, there is nothing between us. Eventho I'm feeling stuff, doesn't mean she is too. And in the end, she will marry someone else. I should probably stop buzzing about this. This means nothing to her. We're just old friends, getting to know eachother again.'

Kade smiled softly. 'If you say so, babe.' Her best friend was definitely a little worried about Freen. But on the other hand, she saw how happy her friend was about this. She couldn't bring herself to it to tell her to watch out. She will, but just not right now.

They made some lunch and enjoyed eachother's presence. After lunch they visited Risa and Cher. The couple had adopted a dog from a nearby chelter. Kade and Freen played with the new member to their family. 'He's such a cutie, I wanna take him home with me...' Kade said while cuddling the dog.

While they were playing, Risa and Cher were cooking together. From the corner of Freen's eyes she saw how Cher hugged Risa from behind, giving her a quick kiss on her cheek. Risa turned around and kissed her back with so much love.

They looked happy, something Freen was envious off. Not in a bad way ofcourse, she was so happy for the both of them. But she wanted the same. She wanted to feel those feelings again. She missed having her person.

A small smile grew on her face, watching the couple. After 7 years of not longing for anything that had to do with love, she now felt a void. It wasn't a big void, but it felt sad. She longed for love, she feels ready to love and to be loved again. And there was only one person on her mind right now. But that person wasn't hers anymore.

Freen got pulled away from her thoughts when she felt her face being licked. The dog was looking at her with his big cute puppy eyes.

Freen was about to pick the dog up, but got pushed out of the way by Kade. 'Nope, he's mine.' She said before snatching the dog away from her.

After their playdate, they all went their own ways. Freen walked back to her apartment, starting to get nervous about later tonight.

'Maybe I should already look for something to wear.' She ran to her closet. After half an hour, almost all her clothes were on the bed or the floor, disapproved.

She was about to give up, until she spotted her black dress. She had bought it a long time ago for something formal. But this was perfect for tonight. It was sexy but formal. 'This will do' she smiled content.