lipstick stain (j.o)

I pulled my slim, black dress over my body. Admiring myself in the mirror, my dresser attempts to look for any flaws.

"All ready for your award show, darling." Her strong French accent revealed. I exhaled a deep breath.

"All ready." 

"I'll let you settle before the red carpet, dear." My dresser and other crew flees the room. They all smiled and waved as they left. This is my third Oscars award show. As many times as I go, I never not get nervous. 

Even more so, I brought my girlfriend, Jenna. The world doesn't even know yet. 

I heard soft knocks at the door. Followed by a soft familiar voice.

"It's me, baby." I smiled on my way to the door. I opened it with delight as I saw my beautiful girlfriend in a black-mesh dress. I peered both ways down the halls, making sure nobody was there.

Jenna giggled as I pulled her into my dressing room by her hips. I kicked the door with my foot that was throbbing from the tight heels.

"You look... stunning." I admire my angel, swaying her side-to-side.

"Thank you, y/n. I would say the same but, you know how my girlfriend would get." She smirked. I gave a toothless grin back. She grabbed my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss. It was so soft, and gentle.

I pulled away, our lipsticks have somewhat merged together in color, not noticeable enough, though. 

"I love you so much. No matter if you win or lose, you're always a winner to me," she began. "Also, everyone will know how hard you worked. Everyone loves you." She gave me a peck on the lips, so I returned it with one to her cheek.

"Thank you baby." I turn her face to where I had just kissed her. 

"Holy shit," I chuckle, wiping her cheek.

"What?"

"My lipstick rubbed off." She laughed at my reaction.

"Next time, leave it." She gave a condescending smile. I attempt to lean back in, but I was interrupted by another set of knocks at the door.

"Miss y/n, we have to get- oh, why hello, Jenna." My manager walked in. Jenna said a 'hello' with a smile and wave.

"We have to get you on the red carpet. The show starts in fifteen." She starts shooing Jenna and I out. 

Jenna and I smile as we made our way, holding hands on the red carpet. People still thought we were 'best friends'. God I can't wait to see their faces when they realize we're much more than that.

Jenna and I are almost at the exit of the red carpet, she gave me another kiss to the cheek. She pulled me down a little bit so I could level with her as she goes on her tip-toes.

We look behind us, the paps didn't catch us, so we giggle as we make our way to our table.

A/n

This was quick! But it's a cute little one shot!

 Also, I just watched Midsommar for the first time... what the actual FUCK?!😀