sweater - (k.t)

We walked on the city streets, late at night. November's in L.A are somewhat chilly after hours, or at least for Katie. She had been shivering ever since we left the El Capitan Theatre. I offered her my sweater multiple times, but she refused.

Apparently, she felt "totally fine" and "not cold" on our way but, whatever.

We were a block away from my car, but she was still shivering. I felt terribly bad that i hadn't just given it to her anyways.

With that being said; I decided to disregard her words from before. I paused briefly on the sidewalk, some other passersby just walk around me.

Katie had noticed I hadn't followed along with her. She turns around and plainly asks, "why'd you stop?" While she approaches me, I pull my sweater over my head, my plain white tee had been unveiled. I pull the pink sweater over Katie's head, while she pulls her arms into the sleeves.

The hoodie was definitely larger on her. It was oversized for me, so it was definitely over-over sized for her. The hem of the hoodie had reached her knees, as for me it was to my thighs.

She makes a small look in her eyes almost as if they were saying 'I told you I didn't need it'.

"Thank you." She said, pulling me into a side hug. I pull her into my side tightly

"Anything for you," I grin, taking one arm off of her as I search for the keys in my jeans. I keep one arm swooped around her shoulder as we enter the warm parking garage's entrance.

The entire way to level 2b, she kept giggling. The small laughs echoing through the empty structure.

"What's so funny?" I look at her glowing smile. Her dimples popping out along with her freckles being easily visible from the lighting.

"N-nothing," she laughs out, covering her mouth with her hand for a split second. "It's just- we just saw monsters inc. right?" She smiled brightly as we approached the car, our hug separating as we made our way to the doors to my vehicle.

I shut the door as so does she. "I mean I'm pretty sure we weren't watching 'Us' since there was a nine foot tall fuzzy blue alien dude, then a green booger who was walking around with one eye." Katie chuckled at my remark. Clearly the 2 snickers bars and sour patch kids were kicking in.

Don't ever include sugar on our dates again. Noted.

"Okay okay," she started skimming through her camera roll. I slowly reverse the car as she looks through the billions of pictures of us, because something in there is incredibly hilarious to her.

As we're leaving the parking garage and heading home, she's still smirking as she just simply can't find the certain image she was dying to show me.

Although, she did find some cute pictures of us last year when we went to this festival and saw H.E.R perform. There was one picture in particular that she did show me that just simply melted my heart, since I completely forgot we took it.

It was us standing in the giant crowd, our makeup was super glittery which I found gross, and we did our hairstyles very fest-like. Anyways, it was a picture her mom took of us, us two girls giving each other a soft peck to the lips.

She pointed out how people a few rows behind us photobombed but in a cute way. They had made pouty faces at us, symbolizing they thought we were adorable.

Yes, it was. But there's only five minutes left 'till I have to drop my girlfriend off and she still hasn't found this oh-so funny picture.

"Oh! Oh! There, I found it!" She gasped excitedly. She began laughing as she viewed the image.

I turn my head away from the road, looking at the passenger swallowed in my hoodie. She smiles at her phone which brightly lit her face from the glow of the screen.

I turn my eyes back towards the road as she cackles, barely able to speak. "You've got to see this," her voice shrilled.

The sudden bright glow of her phone emerged onto my face. I turn to see the weirdest image I've ever seen in my life.

"K-Katie," I dart my eyes back and forth to the road, the disturbing image, and my girlfriend

"K-Katie," I dart my eyes back and forth to the road, the disturbing image, and my girlfriend. "What the f-... just why?" She laughed as she saw my bothered reaction.

"What? You don't think it's funny?" She smiled.

"It would've been funny if we were ten years old, baby." She rolls her eyes sarcastically, a grin still stretched along her face.

I put my hand on her thigh, palm facing up, waiting for her fingers to intertwine with mine. She clutches onto my hand, smiling at me as we pulled into her driveway.

I put the car in park and step out to walk my girlfriend up to her door.

"Thank you, for... everything. I had a great time tonight," she smiled up at me. The contagious smile creeped onto mine.

I place a small kiss to her lips. "I did too," I grin as I watch Katie blush. "You should come over this Saturday," I start to slowly back away from her. "Parents won't be home all weekend."

"I'll only come if..." she smiled as she put her hand onto the front doors handle.

"If?"

"If you say the picture was funny." She bites her lip, smiling in hopes to get me to say that it was a funny image.

To make her happy, I did say it was rather immature, but in a funny way.

"I know you don't mean it buuutttttt," she extended. "I love you so so much!" She blows a kiss to me as I open my car door.

"Love you too, stay toasty with my sweater!" I blow a kiss back before slamming the car door, driving off in the dark night.

During the drive, I couldn't stop thinking about how adorable she got over that ridiculous picture of the so-called booger. Her little giggles were something I could hear forever and ever.

It's the little things, y'know?

•••

(Katie's POV)

When I go to snuggle up in my soft bedsheets, I think back on earlier today. By earlier I mean fifteen minutes ago when y/n gave me her sweater.

I wasn't really cold. Sure, it was kinda breezy. But I wasn't desperate for the sweater.

I just wanted something to remember her by, something that locked in the memory of tonight. Not many people are as fortunate as me, to have someone and watch a cute little Disney movie with. Just happy to be around each other.

It's the little things.

A/n

This was short but the backstory to this is:
I lost my sweater and I was freezing today, then when I went to find a new one I was procrastinating and found that pic on Pinterest, and was bored so I wrote this‼️

Also made a Mike Wazoski board js now and I currently have 69 saved pins...