young (k.t)

a flashback

"Yeah I've never had my first kiss," I told Katie. We had been hanging out at her house for a sleepover. Her parents weren't home because of their anniversary and she needed someone to keep her company, and help look after Nando and Ellie.

"You've never had your first kiss." Katie was shocked.

"Nope. Last person I kissed was my grandma and it was her cheek." I said, chewing on a fruit roll up.

"Dude you're 15 and you've never had your first kiss?" She asked, it felt like she was mocking me.

"I guess so. Like I don't even know how to get into it and stuff ya know? Like I also don't know how to kiss at all. Like it's awkward are your lips just resting on each other? But like in movies they look like they actually suck on the lips but that seems like it-"

"Kay, shut the fuck up because I'll teach you everything you need to know. Or at least what I know about it." She said, scorching closer.

"So, let's say this. Pretend that you're my boyfriend, I'll make the first move." She said, tucking my hair behind my ear with her finger.

She cupped my face with both of her hands and looked me in my eyes before she shut them. She slowly leaned in.

My eyes stayed open, I was frozen. She was kissing me but I didn't know how to react or what to do.

She pulled away, wiping her lips with her sleeve.

"Okay, so, you try. I'll pretend to be your boyfriend." She said, tucking her hair behind her ears now. She's so pretty, I wish I looked like her.

"Okay so do I-" I started to put my hand on her cheek. She replied with an low 'mhm' .
"Then just slowly start leaning in, don't forget to shut your eyes." She said, softly.

"Okay." I exhaled, slowly leaning in. I put my thumb to her lips, parting them lightly. Katie looked down at my hands, wondering how I got that. She looked back at my eyes.

I shut mine, hoping she shut hers. I slowly pressed my lips up against hers, dominating her top lip. My hand truffled through her thick brown hair.

Katie smiled into the kiss. Not breaking away. The kids lasted for 30 ish seconds, it really felt like 5. I wished it could last longer.

I pulled away, Katie licked her lips and I wiped mine.

"Where the fuck did you pick that up?" She chuckled. I was confused.

"Pick what up?" I asked with a small smile.

"When you brushed my lip with your thumb, when you actually did a really good kiss hellloooo!!!?" She smiled, placing her hand on my knee.

"Movies I guess. But thanks for being, you know, my first kiss. I'm glad it was you." I said.

"Don't be weird, y/n. But yeah, glad to help." She smiled.

***

I got my daily bagel from the bagel shop before heading into my car and into my work building.
I quickly finish an excruciating day of office work. On my way to the parking garage, I get a text message. From an unknown number.

(???)
Hey, it's Katie Torres. Haven't talked in a while! Miss you! Wanna get a coffee some day?

(Me)
Hello Katie! So nice to hear from you! You can come over to my house for coffee tomorrow if you're free :))

(Katie)
Sounds like a plan! 💋

The kiss emoji that she sent gave an instant flashback of what happened between us 11 years ago. I had my first kiss with her. If I'm being honest, I don't think I've ever moved on.
Every guy that I've been on a date with never worked out. I tried girls too, but maybe they don't have what I'm looking for.
Maybe I looked for Katie in all of them.

_________

"Hey, y/n! Oh it's so good to see youuu!!!" Katie said in my arms.

"Oh my god Katie! You don't look different at all! Come in, come in!" She entered my house.

"Beautiful home. What's you occupation if you don't mind me asking." She said, sitting down on the couch.

"An accountant. You'd be surprised how much you can get paid as one." I let out a small laugh, earning one from her as well.

I took a seat beside her on the couch, handing her a coffee.

"Thank you."

"No problem. So what's new?" I asked.

"Not much. Finishing up college which is exciting. Anyone new you've met recently?" She took a sip.

"I've been on dates with at least 30 people in the past year, none of them worked out." I said, taking a giant sip from my coffee.

"Damn, that sucks. Like really bad. Do you know why?"

"I can't let go of the past."

"Oh shit that's deep. If you don't mind me asking, what about the past can you not get rid of? Maybe I can help you out." She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Ugh I'm gonna cringe over this shit but whatever. I dont think I could mentally get over our kisses."

"Dude that was like ten ish years ago we were young then. Safe to say nothing even happened between us." She laughed.

"Katie, you've kissed me like all the time after the first kiss."

"I'm sorry I probably just confused you or something-"

"Uh confused is an understatement, Katie. I don't know what I want anymore. I blame you for that." I softly spoke.

"Okay I'm sorry for fucking up your life, y/n. I shouldve stayed out of it. Fuck, I wish we never met." She sighed, getting up from the couch and placing her coffee on the table. She got her phone and started walking toward the front door.

"You didn't help with shit!" I said, flipping her off as she left.

I plopped back down on my couch.

She's right. We were just young. It's in the past and I should just forget about it.

Maybe she did help with something.

A/n
I fkn hate this sm😭
But I had it in my head for a while so here it is. Some of you said u wanted Katie and I'll be sure to include her and Phoebe a ton more in the future!
Thank you guys for being patient with updates! I may not update this and my other book as often bc I'm focusing on schoolwork and that's my priority! Thank you guys🫶