i

Soft melodic playing with the long rhythm of violin, the only sound resonating in the library room, red wine like liquid filling the clear glass and the aroma of freshness lingering in the room filling the atmosphere.

The only light source is a candle burning at the very end of the crafted wooden table, illuminating almost everything in its warm glow, the others looming in darkness.

But most importantly for the figure sitting beside it, leg over the other as he took a sip with a sigh of exhale at the taste, his head resting on one hand that rested on the armrest.

His eyes were closed and chest still, the small smile on his lips looking even more peaceful in this manner, as if he was a picture of pure relaxation, the rest of his body leaned back with crossed legs while he was enjoying the Lux Aeterna being completely indulged in it as if he was living in that moment.

Opening his eyes with a maroon flash in those deep dark irises as he heard the knock erupting from outside.

Staying silent, even when someone came inside with gradual steps to approach the ravenette.

"Master, we have found these..." Voice utterly feminine yet possessing seriousness and authority.

Trailing his eyes at the brown envelope presenting to him, taking no time but to take them in his hands and placing the glass gently on the table, and resting on his back calmly to open the envelope.

His gaze deeping at the sight of the contents, his smile enhancing a bit more. "You've got a great eye.." Jungkook mumbled, eyes not wavering away from the pictures in his hold. "Bet on him..I don't care how much," he spoke out, giving her a look that could clearly communicate his approval in that matter while keeping the same calm composure.

"As you say, Sir. Our men will be reaching the venue on your behalf," The women curtsied,

"Very well then, excuse yourself" Jeongguk dismissed her.

The blonde woman turned around and quickly exited the study, closing the door behind her.

Jeongguk tilted his head as scrutinised the male in the picture, the messy ruffled brunette hair tied up in a loose bun, the jaw clenched as always and giving the deep stare as if the male's piercing glare hitting directly at the ravenette.

Smile lessening with a sigh and keeping the picture back in the envelope,

Now the prior serenity no longer in his grasp, at least not for today....

The weather had never been this beautiful, with the dark clouds revolving around the citizens head, sun nowhere to be seen as if it purposely disappeared to let the darkness rule, the bustles of road lingering as always.

Jungkook barely paid attention to the meeting he was holding, mind surfacing somewhere else, somewhere it wasn't appropriate in the time being.

"-But Mr. Jeon, your father had been always been our major trust fundee, I'm sure if you see the insights you will-"

"I beg your pardon," Jungkook interrupted with a flick of finger resting on his cheek, "I am not Jeon Hyunsoo, therefore I don't understand why should I, Jeon Jungkook needs to give you sufficient funds..whereas I can use it for other priorities.." He added nonchalantly. leaving everyone in bewilderment,

The room went dead quiet.

"Sir Jeon, you have received a call from Ms. Rain, saying it's important." His secretary brought up a phone for him, and without responding he received it in his hand.

"Yes?" Jungkook looked down as he heard the other side speaking, his tone sounding expecting like a child waiting for a Christmas gift, wheras Infact, Christmas didn't exist here.

If the Ceo Jeon's words weren't bewildering for the others present then it was a sudden raise of Jungkook's lips in this gloomy weather..

"I'll be making my way," The smile was more prominent, leading his cheek tenderly lifting as he put the phone away before standing up from his place, Looking back at the other attendees.

"I'm afraid, I have already decided that Crimson. Inc is not going to be a part of my company, hence, this meeting ends right here" Saying this, the ravenette stood up without any other words, striding towards the exit confidently, paying bare minimum attention to the clients who tried approaching him but got obstructed by his secretary.

◇──◆──◇──◆──◇──◆

Lis,

Welcome to another short story of mine, I know the description was pretty vague...the aesthetic for this story is dark~

And I have been heavily influenced by some dark classical which I had kind of mentioned in the story as well, basically what Jk was listening lol-

Hope you like this story and thanks for always showing me support♡

I dont remember but maybe it's my first story in 2023~

So, enjoy reading ~~