vi

Walking in with subconscious steps, Jungkook made his way near his chair only to see the latter sitting, more like staring off into a distance without even blinking his eyes.

And he sat down while the servers filled in their plates.

With no word exchange, both ate silently, except for forks clinking against plate, and low sipping sound, the atmosphere was tense and heavy which wasn't new for them yet somehow it felt more oppressive than usual.

Jungkook dutifully sipped the dark red beverage, and took frequent glances at the brunette who barely touched the steak presented for him.

Not having it, he finally uttered. "Why are you're not eating?" his voice somehow sounded raspy for Taehyung's ear, before the latter responded.

"Don't feel like it.."

"Why?" Jungkook tilted his head with a taunt, "not your taste as well?" he questioned, raising his brows mockingly.

Silence. But the younger one was aware that Taehyung had stopped chewing slowly enough, eyes still fixed on him.

"I..don't have an appetite" Taehyung stated, finally dropping the fork after putting his knife and spoon down on the wooden table beside him, reaching for his water goblet.

Jungkook sighed quietly before speaking, "Then don't force yourself to eat.." He looked away to stare at nothing in particular. Not even looking back when he heard the sound of Taehyung standing up from his place and uttered.

"I'll be taking off early.." Curtly, Taehyung said and then proceeded to walk past Jungkook and exit the dining hall. Leaving the ravenette to mindlessly raise his hands and stare at the faint brisks in his finger pads, the scent of vanilla wafting in the air, the sound of the closing door being the only one in the vast dining hall.

"He..." Taehyung asked, leaning against the wall as he looked at the vampiress whom he now knew were named, Rain.

"yes, Master had requested me to accompany you for the day.." Rain said stoically, her pale figure slightly concerning the brunette male but discarded knowing that's what the vampires were closely known... as Half dead, so it's not surprising..

"To keep an eye on me so I can't run?" he asked as if expecting a negative response.

Rain just nodded slowly at him, and then turned around to call the butler who presented near him.

"Yes, Master Taehyung, please comes this way.."

Taehyung wordlessly walked towards the dining hall, once again seeing it empty.

"Sirè has told the chef to prepare the delicacies suiting your taste, they have already been prepared please make yourself comfortable." the butler replied, bowing down and heading out of the room.