viii

Taehyung jerked in his place and his eyes opened almost on instincts, instead felt his heart beat raising depths within his soul, gasping for air while the dream slipped from his memories..the vividness still fresh on his mind, and he closed his eyes shut again trying to catch his breath, 

Laying on the bed he realised it was just the same nightmare playing on his mind over and over again, he hated being reminisced of that moment overall, he always hated it.

Even being it several years ago, the emptiness in him always reminded what he had missed.

"V.." Taehyung softly murmured, that name sounded so foreign in his own ears, opening his eyes and staring at the ceiling, he tried to make himself focus on the real world again, 

It was only a few seconds later until he got up and made his way to the sink, washing his face with cool water and running his fingers through his hair, letting out a heavy sigh as he leaned against the wall when he heard a series of knocks. 

Walking towards the door to see a butler standing and about to knock but stopped seeing Kim Taehyung at the door. 

"Sire, the dinner has been set, would you like to have your meal at this moment?" The butler said politely eyeing the brunette who merely looked confused before realising it's already night time and time for dinner, and now that he thinks he was starving. 

"Sure.." Taehyung uttered what sounded more like a whisper. "Actually. I will have my meal here-" but stopped when the younger's red eyes flashed in his memories, making him look away, "or...not..I'll be there soon," He then turned and left, closing the door quietly behind him as he ran a hand through his hair in frustration and tiredness.

With a little change of his wardrobe, the male made his way downstairs with a long trail of thoughts going in his head, turning his left towards the dining hall, expecting a rush of servers down the hall as he had witnessed but Taehyung amusedly halted when only two were present at his care, and the wide body of dining table surrounding with empty chairs, even the head where Jungkook sits was empty. 

A wave of disappointment washed over him as he sat across the vacant chair, glancing into the dimmed lights and listening to a butler serving him. 

"Where is he..?" The brunette questioned in a soft tone, looking into his plate disinterestedly, even when he could feel his stomach growling for some food, he wasn't having an appetite as he heard-

"Master Jeon, you are asking about?" The butler spoke and he nodded slightly. "Sire has ordered his meal in his room" he informed, not unnoticing how the male's eyes darkened, looking away once more, "do you have something to inform Master Jeon, I can be your messenger for the moment.."

Hearing that Taehyung slowly lifted his head, "no..it's fine" silently picking up the fork and slowly fumbling with it before placing it back down onto his plate as he sensed the person walking away with a farewell.