Untitled Part 12

The first thought that springs to my mind is of the bed. That we shared not too long ago. It wouldn't have been too hard to respect that one piece of memory of us.

Or maybe it was.

I had thought betrayal would feel like a car hit me. I was wrong. It feels like a truck is slamming into me, over and over again. Or at least like the tyres are purposely scraping over my heart.

I slam the door behind me, stepping into the room. A stupid move because I've just delayed my only escape.

The bottle blondie squeals, (seriously, squeals?) and jumps off Cody and his bed. I catch a glimpse of the bottle blondie's face my eyes immediately darts to Cody, who is without doubt trying to look anywhere else but me.

Teresa.

Out of all the girls in the school to choose from, he had to fuck the one that annoys me like hell. Or who knows if they even reached the stage of fucking; perhaps not with Teresa's underwear still on.

"You fucking worthless piece of shit." I look into his eyes, as blurry as they seem to me, and I'd be lying if I didn't feel a hint of satisfaction from his wince. "Have a jolly time fucking your slut, just like the player you really are. Good thing you've shown me the real you before it was too late."

I turn around and open his door, resisting the urge to turn around and see his reaction. Once again slamming his door behind me, not caring whether it breaks or not, I run downstairs, texting Arianna speedily.

Can I come over to yours? It's Code Red! - Mel

Pulling on my boots, I grab my keys and open the front door.

I jog to my car, keeping my face down from the rain. Even though I haven't cried about Cody and Teresa, I don't even want there to be any recognition of tears on my face; be it fake or real.

I head to Arianna's without even waiting for her reply to my question. Her mum adores me, so I doubt Arianna would even have to ask her for me to stay.

I hear the beep of my phone as I stop at a red light and I check to see a message from Cody and Arianna. I delete Cody's message without reading it and check to make sure Arianna has said yes to my question. She did.

Running away from my problems will only make it worse, I know, but I'd rather take that risk instead of just face everything back at home.

It doesn't even feel right calling a place of where I sleep, home. That title ended the day my dad was dragged to hospital. It may even be more of a home to Max or Cody, but not to me. I'd rather call a place full of love, like Arianna's house, home. Even if that love isn't for me.

I reach Arianna's house and park on the side of the road. Walking towards the front door, I marvel at how different this house is to mine. The windows are considerably immense, as well as fashionably decorative, and the front yard seems very authentic and original. For a house, it looks very much like from the movies. I know how the inside only just gets better and I hope that Arianna will help with me embellishing my own house, instead of Max or mum doing it behind my back; just to spite them.