Chapter 21

"Why... why are you doing all of this..? What happened to the woman I fell in love with?!" Mr. Mage was desperate for answers.

"ONE of the women you fell in love with, for one. Two, I know for a fact you wouldn't understand. However, since I love you so much, I have some time to explain a few of your questions. Will that be okay... Shawn?" Skyla looked at the human.

"Of course, why not? It's not like they have a choice to begin with." Shawn descended along with Skyla. "I've already told you about my younger siblings... right?" Skyla asked Mr. Mage.

"Yes." Mr. Mage answered solemnly. "All of my life, I was seen as a failure, but not just for my inability to transform into a fully developed dragon, you already know that. I was also born cursed as a dark dragon from birth." Skyla revealed.

Luni didn't look to surprised. If anything, her expression showed a few signs of fear. Mr. Mage on the other hand... it's like he felt empty. Better yet betrayed. I saw no fear in his eyes, just pain as Skyla went on.

"My father wanted to kill me because he thought I was a curse, but after my mom died having me, he saw that I was able to use her element when I accidentally tasted her blood. Not only was that how I inherited the power of the moon as well, but also why he kept me alive. So yeah, the whole 'he killed my mother because she failed his goal' trope was a lie!" Skyla explained.

"Sky... w-why didn't you tell me..?" Mr. Mage asked confused. "I couldn't let you go so soon. I had to keep you close baby." Skyla answered as she slowly walked closer to him. Luni was ready to fight her if necessary, but Mr, Mage put his arm in her way.

"Then... was it all a lie? The memories we had together.." Mr. Mage had tears sliding down his cheeks. "Honey, I-" "ANSWER ME!" Mr. Mage demanded. "Was it all a lie?! Was it all some part of some sick plan you had?! What was it all for?!" Mr. Mage poured his heart out.

Skyla softly put her hands on his cheek. She looked at him eye to eye as tears started pouring down her eyes while she smiled. "It wasn't. None of it was a lie..." Skyla uttered.

"It all started with me wanting to have a strong bodyguard. Someone who'll protect me and do my bidding no matter what. That's when I found you darling. You were exactly what I needed at the time." Skyla's face started to falter.

"But then... as time went on... I fell in love with you. Even if you were a horny bastard, I still loved you. Even though you were lazy, you always stayed sweet. Asher..." Skyla dubbed him, "Truth be told, you were the best thing that ever happened to me." Skyla slid her hands down Mr. Mage's, aka Asher's face, and backed away.

"S-so why.. why are you doing all of this?" Mr. Mage questioned. "It's for power, sweety." Skyla fixed her face. "I realized that as a dark dragon, my power was beyond phenomenal. Shawn taught me everything I needed to know." Skyla looked at the human named Shawn.

"Aww no need to thank me." Shawn chuckled. "But one of the abilities I was capable of doing wasn't just to steal their powers by consuming their DNA, but I also became able to make the dead bow to me." Skyla snapped her fingers, and all of the fallen dragons that were killed by her hands surrounded them.

They didn't look like how they were before. Their bodies were pitch black, there eyes glowed purple, and smoky black wisp resonated off of the hollow looking purple outline husks.

"That wasn't the only thing I was taught either. Shawn here showed me the ropes on how to exert my full power without going full dragon." Skyla pointed at Shawn. Shawn gladly took the blame.

"Wait a minute... what do you mean when you say you can steal other people's powers through DNA consumption when you basically already told us that..?" Luni stared at Skyla with glowing eyes.

"Oh yeah! You know what I'm talking about, right? How I got the ice power." Skyla smirked. Luni's body spark with lunar energy resonating off of her body.

"Luni, control yourself!" Mr. Mage tried to make her calm down, but she didn't hear him. "Oh! Who's that boy you like again? Silver?? Yeah he tastes like ice cream by the way." Skyla pulled the last straw.

"Okay that's it." Mr. Mage flipped swished his fingers around, and earth spikes jolted out of the ground around them. Penetrating each and every one of Skyla's shadowy minions.

Fully ready for what was about to happen, Luni got into fighting position with a full set of malice at her side. Her sclera turned black and her skin had patches of scales.

For Mage, the same thing happened, but it looked like he had his eyes on the human rather than Skyla. "Let's kick ass Luni!" Mr. Mage said, ready to battle.

"Hehe, this'll be fun." Shawn put his hands together, and a big group green fire balls popped up behind him. "Don't worry my dear! I'll be sure not to let you die once I'm done either her!" Skyla laughed as she rushed towards Luni.

Luni rushed back at Skyla, and those two fought it out. Shawn launched the fireballs at Mr. Mage, but he was left unfazed as a familiar force field made of pure air protected him.

Something told me deep down that the real battle... was about to begin.