Chapter 25

The rest of the professionals and surveillance dragons had arrived. They went about the area to scan and or clean any more human activity that was active within the Academy's grounds.

I was walking with Mr. Mage and Principal Taburn who had just walked from the medics as he gave away the body of his daughter to them. Lucian woke up not too long ago, but it was clear that he didn't want to see me. Ruby just went home early.

Leo on the other hand had no one else on his mind but Lele. The dragon doctors claimed that she had to be put in a coma in order to heal in peace, otherwise she might die from the pain. Leo accepted these terms, even if it took years for her to awaken.

While I was with the two, I told them what happened from my point of view as best as I could. "I see... so you really are one of the 8 keys." Principal Taburn said to me with his hands behind his back.

"With all due respect sir, I thought the 8 keys were just some sort of fairy tale meant to feed false hope to dragon bloods." Mr. Mage commented.

"It is no mere tale Mr. Mage. Trust me... I've been around long enough to see it all." Principal Taburn said solemnly. "Wait, I'm confused though sir.. what are the 8 keys even supposed to be exactly?" I asked puzzled.

"The 8 keys are part of a prophecy. 8 dragon bloods that represent themselves as Majin's incarnations that happen to be gifted with the same measure of power as the first ever dragon blood to exist, with all different elements, shall come together and lift his curse." Principal Taburn described.

"But there's more to it than that kid." Mr. Mage inputted. "Huh? What do you mean sir?" I asked. "The prophecy also says that whoever holds all the souls of the 8 keys shall obtain ultimate power similar to that of the first dragon blood. Majin." Principal Taburn explained.

"Majin... I think I've heard of that name before." I rubbed my chin. "Yeah, who hasn't. He's basically a god to some dragon bloods." Mr. Mage uttered. "Do not call him a god! Especially in my presence." Principal Taburn lashed.

"Y-yes sir.." Mr. Mage apologized. "Majin was indeed strong. He was even strong enough to become the king of dragons at a certain day and age. But overall, he was not invincible. No matter how remarkable his abilities were." Principal Taburn stated.

"So... whoever obtains all 8 souls of the 8 keys, inherits the same amount of vast potential that Majin had?" I asked. "Yes..." Principal Taburn commented.

"Hm... so Shawn wants to bring us all together, but for the sake of his own lust for power." I suggested. "Yes... power can take you places you never thought were possible." Principal Taburn said deeply.

"It can either build you, or corrupt you." Principal Taburn clenched his fists. "So the human really wanna go to war for this..." Mr. Mage gritted.

"I really can't let them get away with this. Not after what they did to us." I felt my anger rise again. Principal Taburn turned to me, and looked at me.

"No. You've done enough for us. You've taken away one of their most powerful assets. That alone is a strong feat." Principal Taburn complimented.

"B-but sir, the 8 keys-" "Will be our responsibility." Mr. Mage butted in. "We'll set up a meeting for you and Luni to have a talk with the IEDA to discuss matters on keeping you two safe and treasured." Mr. Mage added.

"I..." I wanted to argue, but I knew it was no use. I was just a kid after all. A kid who didn't know a single thing about war. "Yes sir..." I agreed reluctantly.

"Good. Now run along and pack your things. You've graduated, Silver Tenku." Principal Taburn said as he and Mr. Mage walked away. I walked the opposite direction towards the infirmary.

I was mad at the fact I couldn't do anything else. Sad that one of my most closest friends died in my arms. Yet strangely grateful that the higher ups were willing to protect me and Luni from the clutches of Shawn.

All feelings aside, I arrived to the entrance of the infirmary, greeted with a surprise hug from Luni who ran out of the infirmary to see me. "Look at you! You're alive and well!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, And I can see that you are too!" Luni wrapped her arms around me and gave me a kiss. "You feeling okay?" I asked. "Yeah.. but I heard about what happened to Faria... I'm really sorry." Luni hugged me tightly.

"It's not your fault, it's the f*cking humans." I returned the hug. "So what're you going to do now..?" Luni asked me. "I don't know... find a home maybe?" I shrugged.

"You don't have a home..?" Luni asked me empathetically. "Not anymore. Ever since my parents died, I was forced to live in fancy caves, or households granted to me by the higher ups." I replied.

Luni placed her hands on my cheek. "You can live with me and my parents until we get a place of our own." She fondled my ears. "Are you sure your dad is gonna allow that..?" I asked nervously, even though a smile formed on my face.

"He can deal with it. My mother on the other hand would be overjoyed to see me have a mate." Luni gleamed with joy. Out of pure and utter love for her, I gave her cold passionate kiss.

"I love you." I smiled with joy. "I love you too." Luni smiled beautifully. After that, I swore to protect Luni with my life. Even if it meant that I'd die twice.

•The End