A scale of opera

After coming back to the UK from America, me and the rest of the band meet up with Ray Foster to discuss the new album and, of course, Freddie is late. I'm sitting in between Roger and Brian, and we left a seat for Freddie on the chair next to us. Ten minutes of an awkward silence go by, and finally Freddie arrives. "You're late," Brian says as he watches Freddie take his seat. "Am I?" he says, smirking. "Alright everyone, this is Ray Foster, this is Paul Prenter as you know and this is Jim Beach" John Reid says. "We can not keep calling him that," Freddie says. "Jim Beach," he adds. "Well, that's my name," Jim says. "No, darling, you need something new. Miami. Yes. From now on, I dub thee as Miami Beach." says Freddie, making me giggle. "Alright, now that everyone has an acceptable name, lets get started, shall we?" says Ray. "We need more hits, like Killer Queen, only bigger," he adds. "We can't just reproduce Killer Queen," I say, before Freddie starts playing a record and dancing around to it, throwing stuff off of Ray's desk. "It's opera," says Ray. "Opera!" says John. "Opera!" says Paul. "There seems to be an echo in here," I say. Freddie turns down the volume of the record. "We'll call the album 'A Night At The Opera'" Freddie says enthusiastically. "Are you aware that no one actually likes opera?" Ray asks. "I like opera," says John. "Do you?" Ray asks, sarcastically. I turn to look at Roger. "This is more boring than listening to you," I say with a smirk. "Excuse me?" he says sarcastically. "Well your hot so I don't mind," I say. "I can't argue with that," he says. "Anything you would like to share with the class, y/n and Roger?" Freddie says, obviously seeing us talking. "Yeah, actually, I was just saying that Roger was boring but he's hot so I don't mind," I say. "Did we really need to hear that," says Brian. Me and Roger were too busy talking that we didn't know what they said at the end, all we knew was that we were going to Rockfield Farm to record.

"Recording studio?" I say with a weird look on my face before I look at Roger who has the exact same expression as me. "The idea was to get away from all distractions," Paul says. "Well then why are you here? Your ugly face distracts me mate," I say, and Paul walks away with tears in his eyes. Me and Roger burst out in laughter to the point where we are nearly rolling on the floor. Once we are done laughing, well not completely, we go inside. "What were you two doing outside? You better not have been snogging again bloody hell," said Brian. Me and Roger looked at each other and giggled until Paul walked into the room. His eyes were red - had he been crying. Me band Roger tried to hold our laughter and had a guilty look on our faces. "Paul have you been crying - y/n what did you do." Freddie said. "Well I may or may not have called him ugly," I said before giggling. "Y/n why-" before Freddie could say anything else, Paul interrupted him. "Let me just show you to your rooms. Follow me." he said before leaving the room and going upstairs. "Freddie this is you. Biggest room. Roger this is you. Brian you're there and y/n your downstairs." he said before going back downstairs and to the lowest floor. "Here. Bye" he said before he turned and left. He was being so dramatic, and I knew he definitely had a crush on Freddie.

It was late, around 3am, and I was up making a song, and when I finished it I thought of going into Freddie's room and showing him it. I mean he wouldn't mind, would he? Especially since it was music. I quietly went up the stairs and made my way into Freddie's room. "Fred, wake up! I wrote a song!" I whispered. Nothing. I started gently shaking him and saying that I wrote a song. "Huh?" Said Roger, is a sleepy way. "Shit - wrong room sorry I thought this was Fred's room," I said, going over to the door. "Wait don't leave," he said, now sitting up and squinting. "What is it?" I asked. "You said you wrote a song. Sing it," he told me. I could not sing for the life of me. "No I can't sing - just read the lyrics," i said, handing him the piece of paper. "No, sing it, I want to hear it," he told me. I sighed. "Fine, but only because you asked me to." And then, I started singing. Not too loud, otherwise I would wake the others up, but it's fine if Paul was the one to wake up. Once I finished singing, Roger sat there with his jaw dropped. "You said you can't sing? Hm?" He said before i blushed. "Well I think it sounded like shit," I said, before sitting next to him on the bed. "Do you like it?" I asked. "Like it? I love it!" He said, before gently kissing me. "I still think it's shit but I have very low self esteem so I expect that from myself," i said. "It's not bad, I'm telling you. I couldn't write anything better than that," he said. "Okay well I haven't slept so I need to get back to my room I'll see you in the morning," I said. "You could sleep in here tonight, if you'd like?" He asked. "Yeah.. I'd like that," I said before getting under the covers. He put his arm around me and I turned onto my side and I was sleeping in an instant.

It was early in the morning and we could tell because of all the sounds outside of the window from the animals. I groaned. "Oh my days do they ever shut up," i said. "I'm just going to get up and get food I'm not in the mood for this," I said, dragging myself out of the bed. "I'll come with you then," Roger said, following me out of the room.

Everyone woke up and got ready and we went to eat breakfast. Roger was cooking and we started talking about our songs that we wrote. "Seriously Roger? I'm in love with my car?" I said. "What about me?" I added with a smirk on my face. "Maybe it's not strong enough," Brian argued. "What does that even mean, not strong enough?" Roger said before freddie barged in. "Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?" "Discussing rogers car song," I told him before he smiled. "Is it strong enough that's all I'm asking," Brian says trying to defend himself. "I mean, 'when my hands on your grease gun'" "ITS A METAPHOR BRIAN." Roger yells in anger. "It's just a bit weird I mean what exactly are you doing with that car?" I ask smiling. He looks away in anger. "Roger, there's only room in this band for one hysterical queen," freddie says before he leaves. "You know why your mad Roger. It's because you know your song isn't strong enough." Brian says before Roger throws bacon at him. "Is that strong enough?" He says and without thinking he grabs the coffee machine. "NOT THE COFFEE MACHINE!" me and Brian yell at the same time.

It's a little while after we had breakfast, and i go to see Roger in his room. "Hey... you still mad about your song?" I ask him. "A little bit." He says gesturing for me to come sit next to him. I go over and put my head on his shoulder. "It wasn't that bad. I'm still wondering why it was about your car and not me though," I told him before he chuckled. He suddenly started kissing me passionately. Then we hear a knock at the door. "Bloody hell why does it always have to be me who walks in on it. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know freddie wants us in the recording studio so uhm stop whatever this is and hurry up," Brian tells us. "Why does that always happen," I say. "Come back here later at 9," Roger says winking before we both went down to the studio.

We all arrived in the studio and saw Freddie finishing up with whatever he was doing. "What's up Fred?" I asked. "I'm recording a song what does it look like you idiot," he replies. I don't know what's going on with Fred, ever since he joined the band he's just been rude, not just to me, but to everyone. "Alright alright chill out, I was just asking." I went to sit down while Brian went to do his guitar solo. It took about 3 tries until Fred was happy with it. "Y/n! You're up!" I yelled. I went to grab my bass. "No darling you don't need your bass," he told me. "Well then what the bloody hell am I gonna be doing? Plucking the air?" "Just go and I'll give you the lines of what you're doing," he said before handing me a sheet of paper. "High notes?" I said. "Yes now hurry up I'm not waiting all day," Fred said. "Okay okay," I said before I went into the recording area and put the headphones on. It took ages until Fred was happy with it. "Am I done?" I asked. "Yes you are. Good job," he said before I left the recording area thing. I went to sit next to Roger. "My voice hurts," I said with my hand on my throat. "It will hurt even more tonight," he said a bit too loud. My jaw dropped in shock in sync with Brian. "I need to stop being near you. I feel physically ill." He starts making gagging sounds. "Oh shut up Brian," Roger says, rolling his eyes. "But I just wanna let you know that it will be true so.. stay out of my room," he added. "Wasn't planning on it mate but thanks for the top tip," Brian said before shuffling away from us. 

It took a while but eventually, we finished recording...

(Sorry for the abrupt ending of this chapter, and sorry that it's so long. Btw, the yk what scene you are expecting is gonna be in chapter 7, if its not ur thing then ill put stuff when it's done and when it starts, like smth in brackets)