Proposal

We had finally finished our tour of the UK and I was so glad - not that it wasn't fun, it was just getting exhausting. After the tour was over Roger stayed at my house. He really was obsessed with me. One of the nights he stayed over, he asked me "you know how you showed me your cuts?" "Yeah?" I replied. "Have they like - gotten better? And are you still doing it?" he asked. "N- no I don't do it anymore. And, I guess they have gotten better," I said. "Can I see them?" he asked "I- uh- yeah-" I said before rolling up my sleeve. I was praying that he didn't see the fresh one next to the scars. "Oka- wait what's that?" he said while pointing right at the fresh one. Shit. "That's fresh - I thought you said you stopped?" he said. "I'm sorry. I was angry at myself last night so I decided to get my anger out on myself. I regretted it as soon as I did it," I said with tears in my eyes. "It's alright. Come here," he said with his arms out. "You can always talk to me whenever you feel like you are going to. I'm here for you," he said before I pulled away from the hug. "Why don't you move in with me?" I suddenly blurted out. "Wait- really?" he asked. "Yes- well if you want to of course," I said. "Of course I want to!" he said before he hugged me again. I love him so much.

A week later, all of the band recorded a music video for the song 'I Want To Break Free.' We all dressed in drag - well not me. It was a lot of fun recording this and we all joked around a lot. I tried to ignore Freddie the best I could and Brian caught up on it. "Hey y/n - why are you trying to avoid Freddie?" he asked me privately. "Well, you know when we were on tour? One night when he was drunk he came into my room and kissed me. Again," I said. "Oh, well I'm sorry. I'll speak to him," he said before he walked over to Freddie. He seemed a little bit of today, Fred did, but I didn't care. He pissed me off.

It was yet another week later, and Freddie invited us over to his house saying he needed to talk to us. I was hesitant at first, but Roger convinced me into going. We all arrived, and he started off by saying "MTV banned our video." Wow. Very exciting and urgent news Fred. "Yeah we already know. Is that it? Because if so then that was just a waste of time," I said. "No, no, that's not it. I've signed a deal with CVS records," he said. "What kind of deal?" Roger asked, leaning forward. "They are paying me to make two solo albums. Look, I'm not saying we won't ever tour again, but it's a lot of money," Fred said, with all of us staring at him furiously. "How much?" Brian asked. "4 million dollars," Fred replied. "Wow, so your really breaking up Queen?  After everything we have done, that's it? C'mon guys let's get out of here," I said before leaving, and everyone following after me. How could he do this? He could've discussed it with us before he signed it. 

The band took a break, obviously as the lead singer had left. We were all so annoyed for ages. Brian would always come and hang out with me and Roger or call us any chance he could. We were happy without Freddie. I know he was my best friend, but I was still so furious at him that I didn't care very much.

One night, Roger took me to the fanciest restaurant in London. I was confused - I mean we have been on dates before but we never went anywhere really fancy. I wore a dark blue dress that ended just below my knees, a pear necklace and had my hair curled. Me and Roger talked all night and laughed and laughed until at one point he took out a small box. He got down on one knee and opened it. I put my hands over my mouth with a stunned look on my face. "Y/n y/l/n, you have made me so happy after these past few years and I was wondering, will you marry me?" he asked. "Yes- yes!!" I said before we both got up and kissed. The whole restaurant clapped for us and I said "I expected you to say that to your car." "I can if you want me to," he replied. "No thanks," I said before sitting back down. This was the best day of my life and I would never forget this moment.

When we got home that night, we called Brian almost immediately and told him the news. "Oh my god! I'm so happy for you two!" he shouted over the phone. We talked for a bit and after we hung up, I started talking to Roger. "Do you think we should call Freddie?" I asked. "I guess so. But Brian said that Paul was the one who answered the phone and didn't let Fred speak because he is apparently so busy, but we can give it a shot," he said before picking up the phone and dialling Freddies number. Sure enough, it went straight to Paul. We told him to tell Freddie that we were getting married, but I wasn't so sure that he really did.