038. THE END OF AN ERA

So I tour the studio apartment and when I get back home I pack a bowl and we watch the movie my mother recommended. This summer will find us wading in tide pools and licking salt off of each others bare shoulders. Isn't that what this is all for? I love you without any apologies. In the fall you'll go on tour and I'll write some songs, maybe we'll take a break or maybe we'll go to Italy and elope without telling our families, get married and buy a house or two, because I know how much you love the cold and I like the warmth, and I swear to you that we will never be lonely again. We cry in public transportation and I kiss your neck and it tastes like church. We don't tell each other but this night is the closest that we've ever been to any form of religion. Do you wanna share headphones do you wanna hold hands do you wanna listen to this song that makes me cry thinking about you? Every song makes me cry thinking about you. I could cry thinking about you right now I'm so in love I could lose my mind and die happily. These days the city screams your name so loud it makes my head pound but we don't dare cover our ears because we are too in love and you're here and the streetlights spell God in a language only we know and my body loves this unbecoming. Do you wanna dance in the kitchen do you wanna paint my nails do you wanna break the mirrors in that house and fake our deaths and run away? This street is a shrine tonight and this love looks a lot like praying and I have never been a religious person but I now know that god has made you for me and no amount of sins can undo that. I hope I never lose you and I hope this never ends. It doesn't matter as much what the future holds, though. I love you, anyway. For now, or for then, or forever, however life decides to shake itself out. I'm already a better person for knowing you.

With love,

          H