Chapter 23

Arriving at the bar, Changbin remembered he didn't ask Riley what she wanted. Too lazy to go back he just stuck with her favourite - Virgin Mojito.

Riley did drink alcohol and actually didn't even had a low tolerance but she preferred to stay completely sober at places with too many people involved. Call it paranoia but she didn't want to be taken advantage of while she was slightly delulu.

Changbin never minded that as he didn't have to worry about Riley getting home too drunk when he wasn't with her. But he still liked drunk Riley when he could make sure she was protected at all times because the she turned touchy and flirty.

Riley and Changbin had always been a touchy couple as physical touch was their love language. But when Riley was drunk she turned into a different type of touchy - one that would leave Changbin blushing all the time.

The bartender had to snap Changbin out of his thoughts and while going back to their table, Changbin noticed how often his thoughts seemed to drift off tonight. When Riley and their table came into sight, Changbin noticed that Riley no longer stood there by herself.

A second figure, a tall and built man, stood with his back facing Changbin. At first he thought it was Dawon and for a quick second jealousy rushed through him when he remembered Riley calling him handsome.

Only when he was getting closer did he notice the different suit colour the man had compared to Dawon and the slightly uncomfortable eypression on Riley. That was definitely not Dawon.

Finally, Changbin was close enough to make out their conversation and he didn't like what he was hearing.

That guy was hardcore flirting with her but it wasn't that shy or polite kind of flirting. It was the kind that made Changbin want to puke.

"So, baby, what do you say? You and me in my car in five minutes?"

Now Changbin actually had to hold himself back from puking and a look at Riley's face told him she was thinking the same.

"Sorry but I'm not interested." Riley tried and picked on her nails to seem more desinterested. That hadn't worked for the past minutes though so she could only sigh when the guy in front of her - Jimin - made no signs of giving up.

"Playing hard to get now, baby? I know you want me just as much as I want you. No need to hide your desire and lust towards me" He threaded his fingers through his hair and let his other hand run down Riley's exposed arm.

"Excuse me, but could you please stop touching my girlfriend!" Changbin interfered. He didn't know why he just said what he did but he knew that Riley's expression had turned extremely uncomfortable the moment Jimin had started touching her.

"I think you misunderstood your relationship with that sexy lady here. She clearly wants me so go find someone else to play boyfriend and girlfriend with."

Changbin almost threw a punch but for one did he not want to cause a scene and second the way Riley tightly grabbed onto his suit made him halt in his movements. He protectively layed his arm around her waist and carressed her cheek.

Riley gave him a shocked expression for a few seconds but then relaxed. Changbin wondered if he had overstepped a line but the way Riley leaned into his touch, into his body, told him otherwise.

"Jimin was it, right? Could you please leave us alone now? I already told you I'm not interested in you so you don't have a chance" Riley stopped shortly and turned her gaze towards Changbin before continuing, "And either way, there will always only be one guy I want."

Changbin could have sworn he stopped breathing and his mind had stopped working. He suddenly was hyperaware of Riley's shimmering eyes looking into his. Of her small hands holding his suit jacket shyly. Of the way his fingers burned where they were placed on her waist, the cut-out part of her dress.

Neither of the two noticed Jimin leaving with an annoyed huff or anything else around them. They also didn't notice Millie approaching until: "Hi guys! Oh, should I leave again?"

Millie was giggling teasingly but Changbin and Riley had almost literally sprung apart at her voice. Blush decorated both of their cheeks and they avoided eye comtact out of embarassment. Neither of them knew what had just happened but both knew it couldn't happen again if they truly wanted to try being friends.

More or less deep down they knew that friends wasn't the relationship their hearts ached for, unaware that the other was feeling the same.

Millie only shook her head at the two oblivious idiots, hoping they would come to a realisation and fix things between them.

The rest of the evening had gone by rather quickly, Changbin having met a lot of the twin's workers but throughout the whole event Changbin and Riley had stayed awkward and shy around each other. Both wanting to ignore what had happened but their hearts not letting them.

Right now they were sitting in a car with Riley driving towards the dorm. Millie had stayed behind with Dawon and the latter lended Riley his car because his own house was in walking distance.

The athmosphere in the car was awkward but somehow not really uncomfortable.

"Thanks for coming tonight", Riley finally broke the silence which made Changbin look over to her with the same love-struck eyes he had the whole evening.

"No need to thank me, of course I will come whenever you need me"

"I know"

The silence was back but this time it was a rather peaceful one, that didn't need disruptig. After Riley had parked the car in front of the dorm building neither of them made an attempt to say goodbye to one another.

"I actually had a great time so thanks for inviting me" Changbin started with a sigh, knowing they had to part ways now.

"I am just glad you were there, Changbin. You always make me feel comfortable and safe, I hope you know that" Riley spoke sincerly and turned her head to look at the male.

Changbin wanted to reach over and take her hand or show some other form of physical affection but he hesitated. He suddenly started overthinking everything, how he probably overstepped a thousand boundaries this evening and if Riley even still wanted to hang out with him after stating she wanted to be friends.

"Are you okay Changbin?" Riley asked and placed a hand on Changbin's shoulder.  The touch made Changbin shudder and he tried his hardest not to lean into it.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just tired I guess. Talk to you tomorrow?" Changbin asked with hopeful eyes but Riley still didn't seem to believe him.

"Sure, but Changbin, you can talk to me about anything. You know that right?" Riley offered a comforting smile which made Changbin's heart flutter, making him feel like he was a high schooler all over again.

"Yeah, I know. Good Night Ry, arrive home safely and text me"

With that Changbin was out of the car and on the way to his dorm. Only after taking the first stairs did he notice the tears running down his face.

'Changbin, you can talk to me about anything. You know that right?'

Yes, good damn it, he knew. And that's what bothered him. Riley had always been his safe place, the one he would turn to no matter what was going on. And although they still kept in touch he felt like he lost his source of happiness.

He wanted to move on and he had thought he did, but seeing Riley again, interacting with her again, made him realise, why he was so utterly in love with her, why he would never be able to fully move on from her, why only that girl would forever have his heart.

-------------------------------------

~hi, how are you?
~I'm quite busy lately and I need to pre-write a lot of chapters for the upcoming holiday when I'll be away for two weeks
~anyways..

~until next chapter
~~June