Back to normal

"Macam mana kau boleh salah buat ni?!!¹" Rafael frustated yell fell into deaf ears as Mal playing with a pen in her hands. "MALAYSIA!" he warned loudly. "Haih... Dah nasi jadi bubur...²" she sighed, shrugging her shoulders tiredly. She would have been scared if she's not that tired. It's only been four days since she last saw Indo, and her life had been normal again atleast for the government.

<How can you mess it up?!!¹>
proverb <"consequences of something/action that we can't change"²>

"Kau-³" he slammed his hand hard on her office table, finally snapped her mind. "Kau tahu tak kepentingan surat tu? Shipment kita dirampas oleh negara lain!" his burning eyes stared at her. She whimpered, feeling the danger looming around her. "Sir-" "Senyap!⁴" he barked. His saliva leaked from his mouth making him more intimidating. "Saya-⁵" her eyes widen when she saw his hand flying towards her.

<You-³> <You know how important that mail was? Our shipment was stolen by other country!⁴> <Silence!⁵> <I-⁶>

Indo inhaled the fresh air deeply. He was glad his home was near the forest. He could get as much fresh air as he want. Especially in time's like this. There had been something going on lately, some of his alliance had doubted his loyalty and he had to make a quick flight there soon to discuss about it.

He let out another sigh. He missed having someone to accompany him. He rested his heavy eyes with yet another sigh. Mal suddenly flashed through his mind. His wife. He opened his eyes back. He do have some business to talk with her. Maybe he could ask how she was doing, it's been a few days since he last talked with her. He walked into his room, taking his phone.

Mal groaned in annoyance when she realised she left her key in her office. She look like an idiot, standing in front of her apartment. If she want to go back, the office no doubt had been locked. Mal look around before sighing and left. Rafael has her second key much to her annoyance. She shuddered at the thought of asking him.

"Look like im not staying home." she sighed in defeat. The night breeze kissed her skin lightly, leaving a stinging sensation on her cheek. She rubbed it gently in attempt to sooth her burning skin. She decided to stop by a small surauª near her apartment. She look around to find people who in charge of the place. Luckily she found a man in his late fifty which kind enough to let her use the surau for a night. He also gave her the keys so she can lock the place for safety reason.

(A smaller mosque)ª

Mal settled down tiredly. Her eyes were eager to rest. A loud ringing snapped her awake. She pulled out her phone to see an incoming call.

"Mal?" Indo asked softly. "Hm..." she hummed in reply. "... How are you?" he asked as he gazed at the dim sky. "...Im fine... Everything is good there?" she asked back. "It's going rather fine. Are you home yet?" Mal smiled at his voice. Though she was nervous. "Well, it's 10 pm already... And uh, I did went home... Yeah..." she did went back home before walked away. He don't need to know what happened to her. She chuckled nervously.

"What about you? Anything new?" she changed the topic while fidgeting. "I suppose so, there's a few meetings I need to attend this weeks." he sighed. "Oh, good luck then." she gently changed her phone on her left ear and accidently brushed on her bruised left cheek. A sharp gasp escaped her mouth as she hissed in pain. "Mal? What's wrong??" Indo instinctively stand up from his sitting position upon hearing her pained hiss. "N-nothing. I accidentally touched my bruise after... I fell on the floor." she nodded to herself.