Tension

Malaysia pov

"I don't get it, this is useless!" I groaned in frustration. The man sighed under his breath, his warm dark blue eyes gazing at me warmly. "I get it, Laya. You don't see the point of this." he gently pushed my keris from my reach. "But think. I trust you, and you trust me. I won't betray you because I knew I could trust my life in your hands." my cheek flushed. "I-I knew that..." I mumbled. "See, that's why you need to form an alliance based on trust. Not just by mere benefits you can lost in a blink of an eye. You need them to be loyal to you as you are loyal to them." he explained softly.

"... But... Trust is not something we could achieve easily, Mas." I sighed. He nodded his head with a genuine smile rested perfectly on his face. "Exactly, Laya. That's why it was precious. With trust, you can walk freely with someone who will watch out for you. With trust, you can reach out to the person for anything. With trust, you will always have someone to shoulder you." he gently held my hands in his. "I knew, you hated it. But, sayang... The past is the past, you need to move on. We all learnt from our mistake. And im included." we stared at each other eyes, lost in the moments.

Slowly, my lips stretched into a smile. "You are right, abang. Any relationship should based on trust. Thank you." he chuckled then pulled me closer, my head rest on his shoulder. "Anything, Laya." he whispered lovingly.

I blinked the tears that threatened to fall. I quickly gathered my files then wiped my face. I strolled to Rafael office before knocked on the door.

"Enter."

I pushed the door open, his eyes raised to look at me then a frown settled on his face.

"What do you want?" he groaned. "Uhm- I need the house key... Indonesia is waiting for me already..." I tried to look anywhere but him. Somehow, his gaze made me feel like a naughty child who got caught stealing candy at the store. I let out a shaky breath as soon as he sighed and pulled his drawer.

"Here. Don't lose it." he threw a silver key right at me. I yelped when I failed to caught it and it hit me on the face. I felt my eyes twitched when Rafael tried to disguise his laughs with coughing but failed miserably. I inhaled deeply.

"Thank you, sir. I'll get going now. I'll send my papers online." before I could close the door, Rafael called me.

"Wait, we have things to discuss. Im sure those people from Sarawak had called you." my face harden. I quickly pull out my phone and texted a short message to Indo. "Of course, sir. Do we have to fly there?" I asked calmly then stepped inside before closing the door. "Excellent. I want you to listen carefully and take notes."

☆*☆

"Took you long enough." Indo muttered, he was leaning against my car. "Sorry." I rolled my eyes. I nodded my head towards the car, signalling him to get inside.

I turn on the engine and waited for a while before closing the door to release the heat inside. Indo nudged my side gently. "What?" I asked, annoyed. "I don't know about you, but that guy doesn't seem friendly." I raised my eyebrow then followed his gaze. There a man in black suit staring at us from the corner of the building. His face was hidden in the shadow.

"Huh..." I shared glances with Indo. "I'll go." before I could protest, Indo stepped outside. I watched as the man suddenly ran when Indo walked towards him. Indo turn to look at me then shrugged. He's gone he mouthed. I nodded. That was weird.