・゜7. ゜・ *

A few months later.

Today Liliana met her beloved Jikyo again. The woman had a small present for him. Just as he had given her something for her birthday, she had done the same. Today, January thirteenth, was Park Jikyo's birthday.

The young people had a nice day together, and before going their different ways for now, Lily wanted to give her boyfriend a gift.

"This may not be a great gift, but... " She began at the moment when the man unwrapped the gift. "I hope you'll like it. Wear it for good luck. " She smiled pleasantly.

"It's beautiful. " Park said with a wide smile on his lips.

Liliana gave her beloved a brooch in the form of a small sparrow. It was a modest gift, but very special.

"Thank you, nae salang. " Jikyo said and kissed the redhead on the forehead.

"I'm glad you like it. " She walked over to him and helped him fasten the gift on his shirt.

"Very. " The elder nodded, then took her hand and looked deep into her eyes. "Lily..." He began. "That day has finally come. " He said tucking her hair behind her ear. "I'm an adult now, and I'll be able to leave this damn orphanage."

"Mm. " Redhead nodded and smiled kindly at the boy. "I know, I remember. " She looked into his eyes. "You'll take me with you, won't you?" She took his hand in hers.

"As I promised. " Park nodded. " "We'll leave this place and eventually we'll both be free."

"I can't wait. " Wilkinson said.

"I'll take care of the rest of the business and meet you at the usual place in two days, okay?" He asked to which she nodded. "See you soon, nae salang. " He stroked her cheek then kissed her goodbye and after a while he went back on his way.

Liliana watched the departing boy for a moment and then wanted to go back to herself when she suddenly froze when she heard a familiar voice right behind her.

"So it's him, isn't it? " Sheree, Lily's mother, said curiously. "That's the one. "

"What are you doing here? " The frightened teenager asked.

"I'm visiting. " She replied indifferently, then pulled her daughter behind her. "Your father won't like this." She said sternly.

"Don't tell him anything, please. " She pleaded as her mother was still dragging her behind her. "You don't have to tell him. "

"You're kidding? " She looked at her hostilely. "It's my husband. "

"And I'm your daughter! " She interrupted her and forced the older woman to stop. "Please... " She said with tears in her eyes looking at her mother. "You used to look at me as your child, as your daughter... " She reminded. "A long time ago, you showed me some love... Sometimes you even protected me... So please..." She took her hand. "This is my only request. I never asked you or father for anything. " She cried. "Don't tell him anything about Jikyo, I beg you."

The woman was silent for a long time. She seemed to think for a long time before making a decision.

"You love him? " Sheree asked after a moment.

"Yes, I love him. " Teenager replied immediately.

"You love him... " The older one pondered. "Do you even know anything about love?" She looked at her with contempt. "No. " She answered for her daughter. "You say you love him?" She snorted. "How can you know it's true if you've never known love?"

"I did. " Liliana interrupted her. "Maybe not as much as from you... " She said with tears in her eyes. "But from Jikyo. " She added confidently. "He taught me a lot and showed me... Moreover... He loves me. " She said proudly. "And I love him."