・゜13. ゜・ *

The next day, evening.

The young people had already been on the bus for several hours and were covering the next kilometers quite quickly. Time passed quickly and they were in good spirits.

Their journey had been long and exhausting, but they showed no signs of fatigue. To be honest, the couple only now felt that they were really alive.

When the sun was beginning to hide behind the horizon, Jikyo and Lily reached a certain bar. They wanted to eat something and this place looked very nice and cozy.

It was a wooden building, both outside and inside. Cheerful country music was playing around and people were having a great time. Some ate, some played, and still others danced or sang. The interior was filled with stacked wooden tables. Each of them had an appropriate number of chairs. In the corners of the premises, there were red sofas, on which people also sat. The bar was quite large and long, also wooden. It had tall wooden chairs placed around. Behind it was a whole stand of all kinds of spirits, drinks and western decorations. It was clean, warm, nice, and the people around immediately welcomed the young couple.

Jikyo sat down with Lily at the bar and looked around even more.

"Nice place. " He glanced at the redhead who agreed with him.

"Welcome! " The older man replied cheerfully. "You guys are new, aren't you? I haven't seen you here yet. "

"Yes, we're passing through. " Park replied to him. "Is this your place? " He guessed.

"Mine and my younger brother. I'm Jackie, and the man in the photo..." He pointed to the photo hanging on the wall behind him. "This is Ryan, my brother. " He smiled.

"I'm Jikyo, and this is Lily. " He pointed to the redhead.

"Nice to meet you! " He shouted cheerfully. "Hungry? What can I give you? "

"Any special dishes? " Wilkinson interjected, which pleased the elder even more.

"Of course! My chili is truly the food of the gods! " He laughed and went to prepare the meal.

"Curious guy, huh? " Jikyo chuckled and looked at the girl.

"Mm. " She nodded her head, not hiding her smile.

After a short while, Jackie brought the youngsters a meal, which they enjoyed very much. After they finished eating, they continued pleasantly talking to the owner of the place.

"Oh, I see. " The elder said. "So you're looking for a good place to start over." He nodded and leaned against the counter. "Hm..." He wondered. " Ah! I know!" He clapped. "There's a town not far away called Crested Butte. " He said as the couple exchanged glances. "It's a really nice place and it's full of good-hearted people. My grandparents lived there and couldn't stop praising the area. "

"Well, thank you. " Jikyo said. "We'll definitely visit that place, won't we, nae salang? " He rested his head on his hand and looked at his beloved with a smile.

"Sure, why not. " She replied in the same way, and their further conversation was interrupted by loud cheers.

The band that was playing in the bar had just finished another song and the audience applauded loudly.

After a moment, Jikyo had an idea.

"Nae salang? " He exclaimed with a significant smile.

"Hm? " She looked at him curiously.

"Why don't you sing something? " He looked meaningfully at the stage, and his words surprised the redhead.

" Ah, can you sing?! " Jackie called.

"I can not. " Lily replied.

"She can. " Jikyo interjected. "She's amazing! She has a voice like an angel. " He looked at his beloved. "Oh, please, nae salang. " He took her hand.

"Listen to him. " Old man said kindly. "We'd love to hear something new. "

"E-eh..." Lily glanced at her boyfriend. "Why? "

"Because I'm asking you to. " He replied gently. "You know I like to hear you sing. "

"But you always prefer how I keep this gift only for you." She pointed out to him and Park laughed softly. "Fine." She added after a moment. "If you want it." She looked at the smiling boy.

"I do. " He was glad.

Wilkinson nodded then kissed him on the cheek and walked onto the stage.

She exchanged a few words with the people who played instruments there. Fortunately, they knew the song she told them about. After a short while, a new melody sounded, and Liliana began to sing the words of the song entitled "Down On Penny's Farm"*.

Everyone listened to her with great interest, some even joined in singing, and others danced to the playing melody.

Lily was only focused on one person. At Jikyo, who listened to her hypnotized. Man smiled pleasantly at her, and seeing him made Wilkinson feel her courage rise. This man gave her strength. Just like she added to him. They were just like two sides of the same coin. They complemented each other, held out a hand when one of them fell. They had a truly amazing bond that was hard to describe. Even Jackie, glancing at them, saw it.

"Ah, love is so beautiful. " The elder said, leaning back against the bar counter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Inspired by the great movie "Jackie & Ryan".